Just off the Indy .....

This is disheartening! I'm booked on the Indy next March 11, for a four-night cruise. I'll be going to an onboard convention, while my husband was hoping for some quiet time so he can relax out of reach of work emails.

Were the kids mostly clustered at the bars? We don't drink, so we might be okay. Is there anywhere quiet to relax and read or just enjoy the scenery?

I feel for you. We got off the Indy on March 3rd. We had hundreds of U of Florida kids on our cruise. They were absolutely horrible. Way to represent your school kids[emoji849] the girls dressed in rompers with their butt cheeks hanging out and the v neck cut down to their belly button. No need for an imagination. They were all drunk. Throwing up in the hot tub causing it to be closed down. Trying to get one over on the bartenders and Royal by sharing drink packages and using fake ID's. Girls doing sexual favors to get free drinks ( great to hear this conversation on the elevator). Rude kids. No manners at all. Bartenders were very fed up with them. I do not understand why any ship would want this on a sailing. It did not ruin our trip at all. We had a fabulous cruise!! Everyday I appreciated how great my own kids are. Our cruise next year is an eight night!!

Disembarking was a breeze by the way. Went down to studio B around 9:30. Waited 10 minutes. And got in a fast moving line. We were at the pool at the Hilton on the beach by 11:00.

The excursions we took were both the best we have ever done. Met a lot of great people.

This is disheartening! I'm booked on the Indy next March 11, for a four-night cruise. I'll be going to an onboard convention, while my husband was hoping for some quiet time so he can relax out of reach of work emails.

Were the kids mostly clustered at the bars? We don't drink, so we might be okay. Is there anywhere quiet to relax and read or just enjoy the scenery?

Your best bets for quieter areas are the Solarium and the outside promenade on deck 4.

Found this online--back to back College Spring Break Charters on Indy::eek:

2016 College Spring Break Cruises:

March 7th – 12th, 2016 or March 12th – 17th, 2016

Our college spring break cruise is on the LARGEST ship we’ve ever been on for the Carolina Nightlife Spring Break Party Cruise. Plus, we have an exclusive onboard host for even more fun.

The Independence of the Seas, if you stand the ship on its stern, would be taller than the Chrysler Building in New York or the Eiffel Tower in Paris. It also offers 22 bars, clubs, and lounges that never have a cover, including Boleros Latin-themed lounge. Let the fun begin!

Why You Want to Reserve your spot now:

#1 You know you want to go on an awesome Spring Break Cruise with your friends!

#2. The Carolina Nightlife Spring Break Cruises have their own reserved dining section that holds hundreds of college students. We will sell out the section before December, so by booking early you are guaranteed to be dining with the largest group of college students.

Ironically, the quietest place on the boat was the kiddy "H2O Zone"! That is where we went to get a chair and lay on the deck. Only about 4 or 5 little kids wading around. It was mostly the bars that spring breaker's invaded. Most did not bother to get changed out of their bathing suits to come to the Main Dining Room. In the Solarium they only invaded the bar, then took their drink back to the main pool. Still noisy with 50 or so kids trying to get drinks, so not very peaceful in Solarium.

Also, Oliver & Twist lounge up on deck 13 was very peaceful. They did come up there to get drinks because of the long wait by the pool, but they had to put a cover up or shirt on to get served. That deterred a few from making the trip up the elevator!

I feel for you. We got off the Indy on March 3rd. We had hundreds of U of Florida kids on our cruise. They were absolutely horrible. Way to represent your school kids[emoji849] the girls dressed in rompers with their butt cheeks hanging out and the v neck cut down to their belly button. No need for an imagination. They were all drunk. Throwing up in the hot tub causing it to be closed down. Trying to get one over on the bartenders and Royal by sharing drink packages and using fake ID's. Girls doing sexual favors to get free drinks ( great to hear this conversation on the elevator). Rude kids. No manners at all. Bartenders were very fed up with them. I do not understand why any ship would want this on a sailing. It did not ruin our trip at all. We had a fabulous cruise!! Everyday I appreciated how great my own kids are. Our cruise next year is an eight night!!

Disembarking was a breeze by the way. Went down to studio B around 9:30. Waited 10 minutes. And got in a fast moving line. We were at the pool at the Hilton on the beach by 11:00.

The excursions we took were both the best we have ever done. Met a lot of great people.

I agree about the way the girls dressed! What really bothered me was the thongs! They would sit on the bar stools in the Schooner Lounge and Champagne Lounge and I would think that is the same as sitting bare butt on that stool! They were required to wear a cover up but when they sat, there was nothing between that stool and they behind! Grossed me out to sit on any of the seats after seeing so many in thongs!

I saw one girl try to use anther's drink package card and the bartender took the card and put it in his pocket. He said when the owner of the card shows up, he will have a talk with her. She looked at me and said "that is definitely my card". She didn't realize a picture of the owner of the card came up on his register. I told her she didn't match the picture and she said, "I didn't know they had pictures"! By giving a couple $20 tips to one bartender in the Schooner lounge, as soon as he saw us come up, he would get our drinks immediately, much to the chagrin of 20-30 kids clambering to get their drinks. You are right, the bartenders were very fed up with them. The kids would yell out, "Hey! I need a drink over here!" very loudly. The bartenders would just ignore them and not even make eye contact. I don't think those kind got served or at least got over looked. They really didn't have a good system for so many people at the bar. They would just ask, "Who's next" and of course all 10 - 15 kids would yell "ME"! I guess that normally isn't a problem, except for these situations, and to the bartenders credit, nobody could keep track what order these guys showed up. The worse part was, they wouldn't leave the bar after getting their drink, cuz they didn't want to wait in line again. They would drink right there then order another!

All that being said, we still did have a decent cruise. If I had it to do over again, I would not of picked that week.

Found this online--back to back College Spring Break Charters on Indy::eek:

2016 College Spring Break Cruises:

March 7th – 12th, 2016 or March 12th – 17th, 2016

Our college spring break cruise is on the LARGEST ship we’ve ever been on for the Carolina Nightlife Spring Break Party Cruise. Plus, we have an exclusive onboard host for even more fun.

The Independence of the Seas, if you stand the ship on its stern, would be taller than the Chrysler Building in New York or the Eiffel Tower in Paris. It also offers 22 bars, clubs, and lounges that never have a cover, including Boleros Latin-themed lounge. Let the fun begin!

Why You Want to Reserve your spot now:

#1 You know you want to go on an awesome Spring Break Cruise with your friends!

#2. The Carolina Nightlife Spring Break Cruises have their own reserved dining section that holds hundreds of college students. We will sell out the section before December, so by booking early you are guaranteed to be dining with the largest group of college students.

That's interesting. Thanks. So I'm hoping that is the only charter cruises for spring break time? We are on a back to back 21st March. Expecting a lot of kids obviously but that's fine, we have to cruise then because we have a 13 year old. But hopefully it's not going to be like the charter you quoted!!

That's interesting. Thanks. So I'm hoping that is the only charter cruises for spring break time? We are on a back to back 21st March. Expecting a lot of kids obviously but that's fine, we have to cruise then because we have a 13 year old. But hopefully it's not going to be like the charter you quoted!!

We will be on the 21st sailing as well. I googled college spring breaks 2016 and found a list of most colleges/universities nationwide. The majority are earlier to mid-month. There are some that are 3/19 week, but not nearly as many as last week and the week before last. Like you said, I expect some.

Just so I know in the future, where did you note the booking being advertised as a group event? I would like to know different places to check this in the future. I work for a school and usually I can only go in March or April.

I totally agree they should of given us some type of warning for this many kids on the ship. It was easily over a 1000 if not more! In Labadee, we stood for over an hour trying to get a drink, then just gave up and boarded the ship. It was the only time we could enjoy the pool without the crowds!

It was a travel agency so I cannot post it but just google spring break party cruise. They will show up. This one was not posted until last fall though. The one from the previous year was on their site until August or September so be sure to note the year when you look at the sailing.

Edited by 9876

It was a travel agency so I cannot post it but just google spring break party cruise. They will show up. This one was not posted until last fall though. The one from the previous year was on their site until August or September so be sure to note the year when you look at the sailing.

I just googled this and came across 4 cruises on NCL Sky... they had a link to pics from last year on Facebook with banners on the ship that said "Ship Faced"... I wonder if they have the entire ship? There did appear to be some old geezers (like me) perving on the sidelines watching the college students bump and grind on the dance floor.

I agree... I imagine they had no idea they would have their pictures posted on a public Facebook page.

So you "perv" them because they're dancing and you have the right because they might "have thier pictures posted on a public Facebook page?" Or not. But dancing in public definitely means you should "perv" them just in case? Got it.

So you "perv" them because they're dancing and you have the right because they might "have thier pictures posted on a public Facebook page?" Or not. But dancing in public definitely means you should "perv" them just in case? Got it.

I may be wrong, but that's not the way I read that post at all.

We will be on the 21st sailing as well. I googled college spring breaks 2016 and found a list of most colleges/universities nationwide. The majority are earlier to mid-month. There are some that are 3/19 week, but not nearly as many as last week and the week before last. Like you said, I expect some.

Cool. See you there. We leave Saturday from the UK. Really looking forward to it. Indy is our fave!!

No, I "perved" them because they are clearly standing on the sidelines staring at private parts of the spring breakers who are dancing. BTW, the use of "perv" was meant in humor, I would have been staring as well.