Sanctuary-Emerald Princess

maryland

Leaving Monday and am thinking about heading to the Sanctuary as soon as I board. Couple questions though: 1. Are there lounge chairs in the sun? 2. Any recommendations, tricks or tips for reserving a spot? 3. Any lounge location better than others? Hope the spring break crowd isn't too wild😜 Thanks

Leaving Monday and am thinking about heading to the Sanctuary as soon as I board. Couple questions though: 1. Are there lounge chairs in the sun? 2. Any recommendations, tricks or tips for reserving a spot? 3. Any lounge location better than others? Hope the spring break crowd isn't too wild[emoji12] Thanks
1. Choice of sun or shade (under canvas.) My recommendation is to get one in the shade as you can always either have it moved to the sun or the attendants will set you up in the sun.

2. Get to the Sanctuary to book as soon as you board if you plan to book for the whole cruise. Do not stop after crossing the gangway. If you plan to book by the day rather for the whole cruise, ask for their policy. Some Sanctuary managers allow you to book "your" lounger for the whole cruise but you're charged only for the morning and/or afternoon you use it. If that's the case, you'll pay the full $20/half-day rather than the $30/day rate.

3. The loungers furthest forward looking over the bow of the ship are the ones booked first. They are usually quieter and you can watch the ocean while lounging. These are somewhat shaded under canvas but they are also the quietest. You are less likely to have a lot of wind in this location as they are directly behind the windbreak. There are gaps so you get some breeze.

Several loungers in the sunny area are wind-protected as there is a wall. If you hunt around for pictures of Emerald or Ruby, or Crown, or Caribbean (they are all the same for Sanctuary), you can probably tell.

Everyone has their own idea of what "best" means. But I'd agree with Pam in terms of what I would go for. But have an open mind - if you are not Elite or Platinum, you are not going to get the popular locations in all likelihood.

Correction - You could be Elite and not get Sanctuary booking or not get the chair you want. It's all about getting on board in good time. If an Elite strolls on board at 3:00pm, it's not like they hold inventory for you. But even if you arrive early, the number of B2B cruisers, Elites and Platinums who want Sanctuary chairs on your voyage will impact the availability when non-priority boarders make it up to the Sanctuary reception.

Edited by steelers36
Update statement.

Head to the Sanctuary ASAP, especially with it being spring break as they only book so many cruise long passes. On your 5 night, it will be $150 per person for the cruise. On the Emerald they were also allowing people to just book the sea days ahead of time last week.

They have added so many chairs out to the sun area that there would be no way for them to move other chairs out there on the Emerald. The Sun area was sold out for the 2nd sea day.

So you guys are saying if you are an elite with Princess you get priority booking the Sanctuary? What other priorities do elite members get? Do suite guests have an priority with booking on the ship? I have not sailed Princess; so this is why I am asking the questions. Thanks

So you guys are saying if you are an elite with Princess you get priority booking the Sanctuary? What other priorities do elite members get? Do suite guests have an priority with booking on the ship? I have not sailed Princess; so this is why I am asking the questions. Thanks

Elites get to board the ship first, so therefore, get to the Sanctuary first to make a booking.

Suite passengers board with the Elites

Edited by chrysalis

We booked the 2 sea day afternoons at $20 per.i ended up with two loungers right next to the cabana. There is no opening directly in front. I guess to prevent high winds from dsturbing those getting massages. This area was cool, without being breezy. We really enjoyed this location. Being able to book the afternoon sea days worked well for us......if allowed to book sea days only, I will choose this location again.

Happy sailing.