Extra wine at Embarkation

Hi John

We are on Princess next month and we have 6 bottles to take on with us and are prepared to pay the $15 per bottle for something that we like..

Cheers

Glad you have it worked out.

Personally, we just take the two bottles and buy as we go.

I'd be careful 'declaring' extra bottles at boarding...I think they are more likely to confiscated and not returned.

The problem with that is it may affect your Liquor limit on returning though Customs if you purchase your normal 2 liters of alcohol.

FAQ on RCCL site....Can I bring alcohol or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) on board - Royal Caribbean International Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.)

Edited by retyredgreynomad
Spelling

I'd be careful 'declaring' extra bottles at boarding...I think they are more likely to confiscated and not returned.

The problem with that is it may affect your Liquor limit on returning though Customs if you purchase your normal 2 liters of alcohol.

FAQ on RCCL site....Can I bring alcohol or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) on board - Royal Caribbean International Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.)

The OP John is sailing on the Dawn princess.....different alcohol policy to RCL

Edited by cheznandy

the OP was asking about a princess cruise so RCI must have a different alcohol policy....princess states this

As outlined in our Passage Contract, on the day of embarkation, guests are permitted to bring one 750ml bottle of wine or champagne onboard per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in your stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits, or beers are not permitted. .

Any alcoholic beverages purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at any port of call, will be collected at the gangway for safekeeping and will be delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the cruise. A member of the ship's staff will be at the gangway to assist guests with the storage of their shoreside alcoholic purchases while our Boutiques staff will assist guests with the shipboard alcoholic purchases.