Latest check in time

Higgy64

Hi all,

We're sailing on Reflection from Civitavecchia this summer and staying in Rome prior to depart.

I believe the ship sails at 5:00 pm and wondered what the latest check in time would so I can maximise our Rome time.

Currently the car picks us up at 10am so we would get to Civi at 11:00-11:15 (traffic permitting) but I'm thinking of arranging a later pickup.

Thanks in advance

You need to be on board 90 minutes prior to your sailing.

The drive could take up to 90 minutes.

Give yourself a lot of pad though.

On a Med cruise it's good to get on board the ship, unpacked and set for what will be a busy cruise with lots of time in port and you just want pad should there be a vehicle breakdown or driver shows up late.

Have a great cruise.

Keith

You really don't want to push this.....a flat tire on your transpost vehicle or any malfunction while in route could make you miss the ship if you don't leave enough of a buffer. Just plan a longer time in Rome for next time......you could spend years there and still have things to see!

Thanks Keith, I'll adjust my timings accordingly

You really don't want to push this.....a flat tire on your transpost vehicle or any malfunction while in route could make you miss the ship if you don't leave enough of a buffer. Just plan a longer time in Rome for next time......you could spend years there and still have things to see!

If you plan everything in life for everything that could possibly go wrong you don't live. Leaving Rome at 1 pm for a 5 pm sail away leaves a lot of time to spare and allows for an entire morning of sightseeing.

Last July, we missed our train from the airport to the port. We got the last local train and got to the station and hired a cab to the ship. We walked on at 4:20pm. There was one other person behind us. We were in contact with celebrity while one the train to let them know we were coming, but it was stressful and I don't recommend It!