Question about using insurance funds

dweeb

Hoping that someone has had some experience with this. We had Princess Platinum insurance and needed to cancel a cruise utilizing the cancel for any reason. This happened last year. This process was easy and we now have a Cruise credit of $x,xxx.xx each. This cruise credit states that it must be used (sail by) date of 12/31/16.

I'm good with this so far..

Here is the question, Can the cruise credit by split up and used for more than one cruise. Meaning use half of the cruise credit for one cruise and the other half used for another cruise, as long as both are sailed by 12/31/16? Or does the whole Cruise credit have to be used with one booking?

I know that I could call Princess and ask, and I am sure that if I call multiple times, I will get multiple answers. :) I was hoping that someone has had some first hand knowledge of using these Cruise Credits that are listed as Travelcare Funds/Cruise Credits.

Thanks

Edited by dweeb
Spelling.

Yes you will be OK. Happened to a friend of mine and she split it up without any problem. The next cruise she booked was less than her origional cruise credit, so the excess was applied to the following one.