Breakaway cruise director

3shar

Who's that ?? Really, been on the BA twice & about to book it a 3rd. time and truth is - especially on mega ships - it really doesn't matter, we cruise not on the basis of who's the CD as s/he isn't going to offer any "personalized" level of attention to 4,750+ passengers on each sailings.

With so much to do and many public places, I don't recall seeing the CD once onboard in person, except when we're channel surfing on interactive TV & briefly checked out the pre-recorded video clips - and, think we heard his announcement over the PA about 3 times over 7 days.

They do take vacation & time-off, rotate to different ships and unless you have an insider's hotline # to call NCL's HR dept - you might want to stay "current" with the Rollcalls & see if anybody is caring enough to update via their M&G or posting updates from the Freestyle Daily, etc.

Personally, not even close to making it onto our short checklist on ... (YMMV, of course) Happy cruise planning :D

Dan and Luz (assistant cruise director) were great on the Gem. We have watched Luz grow thru the years from staff to assistant director. She is highly energetic, all over, talks to all, and is a great asset to NCL. I think the problem is that the BA is just too big to give that extra attention. The staff doesn't have any extra time to give that personalized treatment. Same with most staff on the BA. Nice friendly people, just have an immense work load with tons of guests onboard. We haven't found any CD on the BA to be overwhelming good, again probably due to the amount of work needed to get done. But, every cruise is enjoyable with many fun events.

Safe sailing

My cruise is always what I make of it - couldn't care less who the cruise director was. No cruise director has ever made or messed up my cruise. I was just on the Breakaway & Dan Dan was okay but as others have stated - the ship is huge & there are way more guests onboard to give a level of personalized service.

Dan and Luz (assistant cruise director) were great on the Gem. We have watched Luz grow thru the years from staff to assistant director. She is highly energetic, all over, talks to all, and is a great asset to NCL. I think the problem is that the BA is just too big to give that extra attention. The staff doesn't have any extra time to give that personalized treatment. Same with most staff on the BA. Nice friendly people, just have an immense work load with tons of guests onboard. We haven't found any CD on the BA to be overwhelming good, again probably due to the amount of work needed to get done. But, every cruise is enjoyable with many fun events.

Safe sailing

We loved Dan and Luz on the Gem too. We really got to interact with them because the ship was not too large. Is Luz on the Breakaway? I know Dan is the CD. We would love to see Luz again, I am sure she would remember us. Last time we were on the Breakaway we weren't too impressed with the CD but I really think it's because the ship is too large.