Feathers

LindaAndBillTravel

We will be taking our first Oceania cruise in a couple of months. I see from some previous posts here that the pillows and duvets will be feather/down. Is there a way to request feather-free alternatives prior to the cruise? DH's allergies are severe enough that it is best if they aren't in the room to start with, as opposed to asking the cabin attendant to change them out after we board.

We will be taking our first Oceania cruise in a couple of months. I see from some previous posts here that the pillows and duvets will be feather/down. Is there a way to request feather-free alternatives prior to the cruise? DH's allergies are severe enough that it is best if they aren't in the room to start with, as opposed to asking the cabin attendant to change them out after we board.

My wife has the same allergies. If you have a TA simply tell the TA to make this request. If not, you should make it directly w/ Oceania. I have always done this and it is complied with(usually). In fact I always make the same request with hotels.

I am in the same boat as I have terrible allergy to feathers also. My TA always requests feather-free rooms for us. A few times I have been connected with special services from Oceania to confirm the need for a feather free room when making a reservation. I also stop at the desk to confirm when I board. Although this may not be necessary, I double check.

I have been very happy with Oceania's response to my requests.

I make the same request via Special Services as soon as we book. I am sure my TA also request that we get foam pillows and no duvets. We prefer just a cotton blanket & cotton cover. Only once in 20 "O" cruises have we not had our cabin made up on arrival with cotton. This was fixed within an hour.:) But make sure you request these things early as they only have a limited number of cotton blankets on board.

Edited by rhohea

Thank you, everyone. How do I contact Special Services? Is there an email address?

I would just call Oceania & ask for Special services Dept they have a toll free number just look on their website or brochure