Liberty of the Seas: 3/6 – 3/13 Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

So do you need to be able to swim to do Stingray City? When we booked this tour, I didn't realize how far into the water you went. My daughters and I all swim; but, my DH doesn't. Would he be able to just stay on the boat?

He can absolutely stay on the boat, my DH did this a few years ago and took pictures while I had the time of my life with the stingrays. I am 5ft tall and water was to my armpits when calm but waves meant my feet were not always touching the bottom.

822635102_cruise09046.jpg.b8405cd4902b2d6e6842a376c0ffa0f6.jpg

Right off the bat, your DH could definitely stay on the boat if he wanted. He could also use a life jacket.

I've only been once but I want to say you really don't have to be able to swim. Of course I do swim so maybe I was more comfortable. When DH & I went it was rainy at the port but fine where we were doing the stingrays, snorkeling. But perhaps because of the weather the waves were a little rough. If fact, when it came to the snorkeling we weren't able to anchor near the reef so we just snorkeled nearby. Anyway, I'm only 5'3" so I had to "bounce" a little on the sandbar with the stingrays as the waves came and went. Which is a little tricky since you're trying to keep your feet down so you don't accidentally step on a stingray. For the snorkeling part we used life jackets so I know they have them available.

How old are your DDs? Mine is 23. We are doing the Stingray Sandbar, Coral Gardens and Starfish Snorkel with Native Way Watersports - 3 hours, $40/pp - if you would like to join us. 12pm departure, I'll give you our names if you're interested and want to be on the same boat. When we went with them before it was only us 2 and a family of 5.

Not sure how your DH is with snorkeling. As I said there are life jackets though. When my DH & I went we accidentally got the Starfish Snorkel for free since the other family on the boat had booked it and it was on the way to the beach that we had booked. So, since we weren't paying we didn't feel we should snorkel so we sat on this water-level platform on the back of the boat with our legs in the water and the guide brought the starfish up to us to see/feel. So that's an option for your DH too.

Thanks for the excellent information. I'm only 5' so might have a problem myself and DDs are only an inch or so taller (they're 33 and 26 BTW). But both are really good swimmers. Thanks for the invitation. We've already booked the RCL excursion or I would have considered your offer.

My husband and I are thinking of just spending the day at a local beach when in Grand Cayman instead of doing an excursion. I have already done stingray city and the hubby isn't much for snorkeling. My only concern is the tender process. I've read stories on cruise critic where people didn't book an excursion through RCI and by the time they could get off the ship they only had about an hour to on the island before they needed to get back. Did you notice any problems with the tendering process on liberty? We anchor at 10 a.m. How early do you think we need to get in line for our tender ticket?

My husband and I are thinking of just spending the day at a local beach when in Grand Cayman instead of doing an excursion. I have already done stingray city and the hubby isn't much for snorkeling. My only concern is the tender process. I've read stories on cruise critic where people didn't book an excursion through RCI and by the time they could get off the ship they only had about an hour to on the island before they needed to get back. Did you notice any problems with the tendering process on liberty? We anchor at 10 a.m. How early do you think we need to get in line for our tender ticket?

We've never gotten off the ship later than an hour after tendering had started, and this was with no priority.

so am I... are you guys on the meet and greet?

I'm relatively new to actually using this board. I've cruised twice since registering but never really explored/commented

Where is the meet and greet info.

PS-I promise I'm not computer stupid lol...I just am having a hard time figuring out this message board!

I'm relatively new to actually using this board. I've cruised twice since registering but never really explored/commented

Where is the meet and greet info.

PS-I promise I'm not computer stupid lol...I just am having a hard time figuring out this message board!

Link below...;)

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

I'm sorry you got jerked around about your Grand Cayman shore excursion. Unless I have a safety concern (like Jamaica or Belize), I normally book my own excursions ahead of time or I just get off the ship and look for something interesting to do from the cruise port. In Cozumel, we go to Nachi Cocom, which I book ahead of time on-line. In Grand Cayman, I just get off the ship and we look for something to do. In Falmouth, Jamaica, we plan to get off the ship, stay in the cruise port area and then get back on the ship. I find it is easier, cheaper and some times you find something the rest of the cruise industry hasn't hit on yet. Nice thing about a cruise is that's all good!

Thank you.

How do these work? Do kids normally come to meet each other? Mine are 10, 8 and 6

The Meet & Mingle is mostly adults. The kids should be able to meet other kids in Adventure Ocean.