Haven or Vibe

Sissaaaaaa

If you were guaranteed a spot at Vibe, would you forego the Haven? Asking strictly for sun deck / lounge chairs reason. Obviously there are other reasons to book the Haven, but I'm just curious if anyone would forego the booking if they knew without a doubt that they could buy passes to Vibe.

If you were guaranteed a spot at Vibe, would you forego the Haven? Asking strictly for sun deck / lounge chairs reason. Obviously there are other reasons to book the Haven, but I'm just curious if anyone would forego the booking if they knew without a doubt that they could buy passes to Vibe.

I imagine if you wished to avoid all children, Vibe instead of Haven may be the better option.

My answer is yes.

We had been Haven cruisers for the previous 7 cruises. This past cruise the Haven was full and we got a suite with large balcony.(deck 8) Our intent was to get vibe passes but they were all sold out. The sun deck that runs parallel to the vibe area on the escape was very nice. You just need to be somewhat early. I would do it again saving about $3k.

How are you guaranteed a spot at Vibe?

Haven guests shouldn't double dip. Leave some loungers for us average joes who get up early to get the Vibe pass. Ok we have chair hogs what do you call a Haven guest that also has to have vibe pass. All jabbing aside week of the 5th I'd say 1/3 of those in the vibe were from the haven and guess what they didn't get passes they greased the palms of the bartenders. A Hundy will get 4 in from the Haven. I am not kidding and I didn't care as I always had a spot so it didn't impact me. Nice people chatted it up every day but they did not buy a pass.

Haven guests shouldn't double dip. Leave some loungers for us average joes who get up early to get the Vibe pass. Ok we have chair hogs what do you call a Haven guest that also has to have vibe pass. All jabbing aside week of the 5th I'd say 1/3 of those in the vibe were from the haven and guess what they didn't get passes they greased the palms of the bartenders. A Hundy will get 4 in from the Haven. I am not kidding and I didn't care as I always had a spot so it didn't impact me. Nice people chatted it up every day but they did not buy a pass.

CRAustin, I think you are way off base with your comments and I was on that cruise. We were in the Haven and also purchased Vibe passes. To say that 1/3 of the people came from the Haven and payed off the bartenders is untrue. Did you see this? Did you ever think people were just tipping theses hard working people.

These bartenders and servers work 10-12 hour days to make your cruise special. So for you to call them out and say they are taking bribes to let Haven guest into the Vibe is uncalled for. There are cameras all over the Vibe, Im sure they wouldn't jeopardize there jobs for bribes. Maybe next time you should think before you quote a drunk in the jacuzzi.

Actually. I know for a fact that there we people from the Haven every day that did not have passes. There were many people in there that did not pay and take offense all you want but they didn't magically get passes when they stumbled open the Vibe the first day and decided they wanted to come back daily. A BIG tip got them daily access with no pass

Actually. I know for a fact that there we people from the Haven every day that did not have passes. There were many people in there that did not pay and take offense all you want but they didn't magically get passes when they stumbled open the Vibe the first day and decided they wanted to come back daily. A BIG tip got them daily access with no pass

Why would you say that here on the boards? Why did you not complain about it to the servers? Why not tell those people you paid to be there and they should do the same.

You let it happen in front of you and did nothing? Don't call people out when you did nothing about it.

The point is it happens what do you care. Just like you and everyone else I can make an observation and post it here. I didn't feel there was a need they do work hard and I'm not going to begrudge them extra monies or step into a confrontation with another passenger I'm on vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me get this straight. First post you felt Haven guests should not "double-dip". Then Haven employees would let Haven "not average Joes" in for a "Hundy". So what about Haven guests that pay the $99 ? Is that okay or is that "double-dipping" ? Do you feel Haven guests should not be allowed into Vibe legally at all ? Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

How can you know for sure that they didn't decided to come back daily and because of that bought Vibe passes?

As long as the Haven isn't adults only, I can't see why Haven guests shouldn't buy Vibe passes.

Agreed. I really understand there are also many obnoxious adults out there also. With the attractiveness of the shallower pool at the Haven I would have my smaller children there too. I LOVE CHILDREN ! However children will be children and sometimes it would be nice to have an option to be with adults. If the Vibe gets "rowdy" then one could go hang with the better behaved kids ! :) I just don't want to be greedy and take the limited Vibe passes if the Haven that particular cruise is okay. By then its too late to acquire Vibe passes.

Edited by buckeye rob

Since I didn't book Haven for the sundeck, no I would still stay in the Haven even if I could have guaranteed Vibe access.

Haven guests are not double dipping by buy Vibe passes they are adding on to their vacation.

I really do think they should do Vibe different. Why not make it bookable when you book your cruise. Non transferable, non refundable and it becomes a book early bonus, like cabin selection. Any Vibe passes that are given up by people who cancel or change their reservation can be put back up for pre order.

Agreed. I really understand there are also many obnoxious adults out there also. With the attractiveness of the shallower pool at the Haven I would have my smaller children there too. I LOVE CHILDREN ! However children will be children and sometimes it would be nice to have an option to be with adults. If the Vibe gets "rowdy" then one could go hang with the better behaved kids ! :) I just don't want to be greedy and take the limited Vibe passes if the Haven that particular cruise is okay. By then its too late to acquire Vibe passes.

The adult pool on the main pool deck was SO nice the week of March 5th on the Escape. No kids allowed, and it was enforced! I sat there with my feet in the water and read my kindle. Not so sure I can do that in the Haven!

I really do think they should do Vibe different. Why not make it bookable when you book your cruise. Non transferable, non refundable and it becomes a book early bonus, like cabin selection. Any Vibe passes that are given up by people who cancel or change their reservation can be put back up for pre order.

I agree completely with this. You can book the cabanas on GSC online ... you should be able to book Vibe as well.