Six Ships in Nassau the Day We Are There! Help!

Jeskenmac

I just looked up the port schedule for my cruise and there will be six ships in port that day. Does anyone have any suggestions on excursions that won't be super crowded? The last time we were in the Cayman Island's there were three ships and it was a nightmare. I can't imagine six!

I have a family of four, three adults, one ten year old.

Have been there with 6 ships docked.

Blue Lagoon is great- either for the beach alone or a Dolphin Encounter. See website.

There are several day passes available at resorts on Cable Beach.

The Ardastra Gardens and Zoo is another fun excursion with the Marching Flamingos. See website.

Thanks everyone! I'll look into those.

No, I don't need Cayman info, was just saying we didn't enjoy Cayman much last time because it was so crowded and didn't want a repeat in Nassau. That's why I was asking about excursions in Nassau.

I've only been to Grand Cayman once and me and my family did the Stingray encounter. It was alot of fun. Where can you find port schedules to see how many ships are in port?

try: ports dot cruisett dot com slash schedule and click on Cayman Islands

• 3 weeks later...

We will be in Nassau in June and there are 4 ships docked that day. Is that an average amount? We've never been there before and my teenage daughters want to parasail but after we thought we'd check out Junkanoo beach and the tiki hut that's there. Will it be mobbed since it's a free beach? We are traveling with another family that has younger kids and also grandparents(60's) with them too so it's been left to me to do the planning ;)

We will be in Nassau in June and there are 4 ships docked that day. Is that an average amount? We've never been there before and my teenage daughters want to parasail but after we thought we'd check out Junkanoo beach and the tiki hut that's there. Will it be mobbed since it's a free beach? We are traveling with another family that has younger kids and also grandparents(60's) with them too so it's been left to me to do the planning ;)

Don't worry, 4 ships is nothing for Nassau. Of course, it depends on which ships. If one of them is Oasis or Allure, that's a lot of people just from that one ship.

I don't think they have parasailing at Junkanoo Beach since it's on the harbor. Have you thought about day passes at Melia?

Don't worry, 4 ships is nothing for Nassau. Of course, it depends on which ships. If one of them is Oasis or Allure, that's a lot of people just from that one ship.

I don't think they have parasailing at Junkanoo Beach since it's on the harbor. Have you thought about day passes at Melia?

None of the ships that day are Royal Caribbean so hopefully you're right!

We are doing a parasailing excursion but thought after we'd go to the beach for a bit. I looked into day passes at various resorts but since we don't dock till 11:30 am it seems sort of a waste of money for just a couple hours.

None of the ships that day are Royal Caribbean so hopefully you're right!

We are doing a parasailing excursion but thought after we'd go to the beach for a bit. I looked into day passes at various resorts but since we don't dock till 11:30 am it seems sort of a waste of money for just a couple hours.

I didn't realize you were doing a parasailing excursion. Junkanoo Beach would be a nice option for a couple of hours afterwards. Fat Tuesday is right there too if you wanted to sit down somewhere and have a snack and drink.

I didn't realize you were doing a parasailing excursion. Junkanoo Beach would be a nice option for a couple of hours afterwards. Fat Tuesday is right there too if you wanted to sit down somewhere and have a snack and drink.

Sorry I should have been more clear about that, thanks for your help :)

The Escape was the fourth ship into port last Friday, with Carnival following close behind. I assumed the worst, in terms of crowds, and that given our late arrival, we'd have issues finding loungers at the Hilton (we had pre-purchased day passes).

To my surprise, the pool and beach loungers at the hotel were 'maybe' 1/3 full (full availability on the beach, and about 2/3 full around the pool). The lack of other registered and day guests was fantastic.

We have been there with seven ships.

Have you done the snorkeling with the stingrays.

Keith

There are seven ships scheduled in Nassau on our port day in May. I have been to Nassau many times and didn't know it was possible to even dock seven ships. Do they really have dock spaces for seven ships? I can't imagine how crazy it will be.

There are seven ships scheduled in Nassau on our port day in May. I have been to Nassau many times and didn't know it was possible to even dock seven ships. Do they really have dock spaces for seven ships? I can't imagine how crazy it will be.

I've seen them dock two ships back-to-back on the long dock on the end (where Allure usually goes). That still only allows 6 though. I wonder where they will put #7.

ry%3D480

Only 5 ships last week, but our excursion got back about 4:30 and the line to get back thru the customs house was out to the gate you come into from the street. We waited 20+minutes just to get access to the pier and then had to speed walk it back to the ship.

I've seen them dock two ships back-to-back on the long dock on the end (where Allure usually goes). That still only allows 6 though. I wonder where they will put #7.

ry%3D480

I have bever seen that but it would explain how to dock 6 ships. I still don't know how they are going to dock 7. I thought perhaps one of the ships was docking in the evening but I checked the itineraries for all 7 ships and they will all be there during the day at the same time. I can't imagine what it will be like getting through customs when 6 of the ships all depart at 5pm.

I have bever seen that but it would explain how to dock 6 ships. I still don't know how they are going to dock 7. I thought perhaps one of the ships was docking in the evening but I checked the itineraries for all 7 ships and they will all be there during the day at the same time. I can't imagine what it will be like getting through customs when 6 of the ships all depart at 5pm.

All I can say is, I'm glad I won't be there that day!