P&O Muster Drill

jody75

To put into context...the back to back we did was a 7 day TA to New York,followed by a cruise up the Eastern Seaboard to Quebec via Boston, Bar harbour, Newport & Halifax ( fantastic itinerary if ever you feel like it!).

We were up at 5 am to see a very foggy arrival into New York, and were then off the ship at 8.30 for a full day excursion in NY. We got back to the ship - exhausted!- about 15 minutes before the muster drill for new passengers. Of the 2000 or so passengers on board for the next leg, some 16- 1700 were "new" and the rest of us had been on the TA. We were told that the muster drill was not compulsory if we were in the same cabin as the TA although of course we were welcome to attend if we so wished. Anyone who had changed cabins was told they must attend the drill.

I believe that this was the right decision...we would have not gained anything by attending again.

But i have never not attended a muster drill at the start of a cruise. An absolute essential IMHO.

Seems good to me and totally agree MM ;-)

If you are on a back to back in the sam:mad:e cabin then you know your way to your Muster Station, how to put on your life jacket and exactly where it's located, ad you've had the safety talk. So I don't see the need to go to the 2nd drill.

I am on 2 cruises on Azura, on 1st and 8th April. It will only be a week since the talk etc so it will be fresh in my mind, and I am in the same cabin. So i shan't be going to the 2nd drill.