Pride of America Cruise & 15months old?

coco2014

I have a 15 months old that I want to cruise with.

With PoA port intensive, will it be good idea to bring her this year? or wait a few more years?

(She still needs naps, but we plan to bring stroller where she can nap flat in.)

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by coco2014

How far do you live from Honolulu? Of course, you could take her on a cruise and you adapt to her nap schedule. I didnt take my son on cruise at that age but I think it would have been doable. Flying is definitely harder. I did take him on a plane at that age and it was tough for him on the flight because he didnt want to sit still. You dont indicate where you live but is there a cruise port you could drive to or that is a short plane ride away?

We took our older kid, when he was 23 months, to cruise on the PoA. The flight to HNL was 15 - 17 hrs with 2 stops, but we managed. We packed a few things to keep him busy during the flights. The layovers helped as this was an opportunity for him to walk around in the airport terminal while we waited for our connecting flight.

Two years later, we did it all over again 😁. Second time around was with an addition to the family--a 17 month old. We had a great time on both visits and were able to do all the things we planned to do in Hawaii. During our first cruise we even drove up Haleakala to see the sunrise but, unfortunately, it was too cloudy. On our second trip there, rain was in the forecast so we didn't even bother to drive up the mountain. So we missed the sunrise twice! We plan to go back to Hawaii again so hopefully the 3rd time will be a chime.

I say go for it!! You can do it!

Thanks you everyone!

We are in Northern California, and we want to take her with us. We just want to make sure it won't be too crazy for the little one.

This will be our first vacation :) Love to hear the activities that you guys do with little ones too!

We definitely take our son on cruises (first at 10 months, second coming up at 25 months) and other vacations. However, we take him places we won't be upset if we have to return to the room/ship unexpectedly or skip a day's plan entirely. We are saving places that are more "once in a lifetime" for us until he is older. He definitely needs to nap, but will only nap in his crib/pack n play, not in a stroller. And he needs to go to bed by 7 at the latest. So for now we go places that are fun but more routine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk