NCL Sky Spring Break Cruise (3/14-3/18). A Grown Up Review.

WildcatRock

Just off the Sky and had a wonderful cruise. The ship was sold out with a large percentage of passengers being college age. We knew this going in to the cruise and were expecting some challenges. Other than a few minor inconveniences we had no issues. I'll be posting a review on Sunday but until then, let me know if you have any questions.

How did the open bar work out? Do you have any of the Dailies? We cruise in June.

Open bar worked fine. The pool bar usually had a fairly long line but it wasn't too extreme. The Great Outdoors Bar had lines but they went fast. Had issues getting Gentleman Jack at times as the car's ran out a few times but they were quickly restocked. DW wanted a dirty banana once and was told it wasn't on the menu as it takes time to make and they don't make them to try and maintain the efficiency of the bars. The Food and Beverage Director explained this to my DW and then went and had one made for her.

The crew on the Sky were absolutely wonderful. The officers were very noticeable and approachable. We had great service from the crew all week. Overall it seemed to me that the open bar worked fine.

Glad you had an overall good time! The ship just came off a full spring break charter so it'd be interesting to read how a normal versus spring break charter stacked up! Welcome back! :)

The crew were frankly a little shell shocked after the weekend charter. We had several tell us it was crazy and that our cruise was so much better.

Embarkation was delayed on Monday by roughly an hour as several of the charter passengers partied until breakfast on Monday then went to bed. The crew had to literally go wake people up and get them off the ship.

Embarkation was delayed on Monday by roughly an hour as several of the charter passengers partied until breakfast on Monday then went to bed. The crew had to literally go wake people up and get them off the ship.

Wow :eek::eek::eek:

Here's another tidbit of info the ship's senior officers told us - the Sky was the #1 customer rated ship in Jan and Feb. I believe this as we noticed a HUGE difference in the crew's engagement with passengers and customer service as compared to our Dec, 2015. Cruise. The improvement was amazing. I attribute that to Capt Pelle who was probably the coolest Capt I've ever met and to the leadership of the Hotel Dir and Food and Bev Mgr who were both incredible.