Closet/Over the Door Organizer - Worthwhile?

Ours folds to about the size of a pair of shorts - doesn't take that much room to pack. Works great for shoes since they would be on the floor otherwise. Also socks, etc. We only had one cruise (don't remember the ship) where the bathroom door was too wide for the clips.

I had read about the shoe bags over the door for 4 years and never tried it until

our October 2015 cruises.

I really loved having that organization all in one area!

When we got back I recycled everything to new products, etc and covered the whole bag with a heavy clear trash bag and have it hung on the back of a door in a room that we use only as a library.

Can't wait to slip it into a giant Ziplock bag in 7 weeks. :)

We used ours on our first cruise with 2 adults and two kids in the cabin, and it made life so much easier. Everyone had a "row" with their stuff and we even keep some shoes and misc on the bottom. Depends on how organized you like to be...honestly it's not needed. But it makes ME more relaxed on vacation to know where everything is, and to easily be able to access it.

Next cruise, separate cabins for us and the boys but I'll still bring one for our cabin. (I already have it hanging in the spare room to collect things I know I will take!) Quick roll up, and good to go.

Just as a clarification, several posters have commented that the bathroom door won't close these over-the-door organizers hanging on them. We have only found this to be true one time on the Serenade of the Seas and then we just hung it on the outside of the bathroom door. Also, on the Vision of the Seas the door hinge was in the way so we had to improvise and used two small bungee cords to hang the organizer from the hooks instead of using the metal hooks that come with the organizer. Where there's a will there's a way! I refuse to have my bathroom and the cabin feel cluttered with all our stuff. I don't like clutter at home either.

Another tip in case you don't know, we take big magnetic clips for the walls to hold all the paperwork during the cruise (just don't get them near your SeaPass or you'll demagnetize it!).

I think there's quite a bit is storage readily available in the cabins.

Now, with our toddler boys, we will have one of those pop-up clothes hampers. It will serve as the toy receptacle; they can manage tidying up much better with the hamper/mesh bucket than the multi-pocket organizer. It packs super flat, but we can always just leave it behind if we don't want to collapse it for the trip home.

I find that there is enough space, and we usually take inside cabins for 2 of us. We have extra space for the stuff that is for sale, treats....and stuff in the refrigerator can be stored without infringing on space we need. I keep my face creams in a cosmetic bag, my makeup in another and put these in one drawer by the vanity. There is enough drawer space in the night tables as well as in the bathrooms. I like the bathroom door closed since if in use, it emits enough light during the night to wake me up.