Carnival gift cards

4ready2cruz

Just looking for some clarification on the use of these gift cards. Can they be used to purchase excursions and the Cheers package pre-cruise? Or can it only be applied to onboard credit? I have already paid in full so would not need to apply towards a final payment.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by 4ready2cruz
add question

Just looking for some clarification on the use of these gift cards. Can they be used to purchase excursions and the Cheers package pre-cruise? Or can it only be applied to onboard credit? I have already paid in full so would not need to apply towards a final payment.

Thanks in advance

Just went online to pretend I was booking an excursion, and on the payment page there was an option for paying by gift certificate - I would presume the drinks package would be the same :)

Jane

Thanks in advance!

Well, just pretended to purchase drinks pkg - no space to use gift certificate - just credit card :confused:

Biggest issue would be how to refund in case of cancellation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No issue there. They will provide your refund in the form of a new Carnival gift card mailed to your home, assuming you are speaking of the cruise itself.

I believe that the same would be true of an excursion, unless you cancel while you are on board. Then I think it would become OBC.

Edited by Schoifmom