PSA: wash your hands w/ soap & water(GEM denied entry to ST Martin today-NOROVIRUS)

renata102

Don't forget food poisoning have the same symptoms and cruise ships won't admit if something wasn't cooked right, that's why you always bring your own Imodium cause they don't sell it on the ships the force you to go to the doctors and if you leave your cabin you will be locked out as they make your cards not work

In addition to washing hands frequently, and for at least 20 seconds with water and soap, it pays to pack some probiotics just in case. If you should suffer something, the probiotics can help you get back to normal sooner. We take them as preventatives and increase dosage should we get ill...which we have not had happen in many a year since we have included probiotics into our lifestyle.

If they'd allow me, I'd roll out the smart tongs program.

What the heck is that? Well let me explain!

A smart tong is an active device that functions like a normal set of tongs but has a sensor array on the outside. The key to this is the washywashyhappyhappy attendant at the buffet entrance. Sidestep them, and your hands are tainted and this is where the program differs.

The smart tong's sensors activate when handled. They identify a taggant that's in the sanitizing agent. If the sensors don't pick this up they trigger an alarm output.

The alarm can trigger local haptic feedback (making them vibrate like your cell phone), output an electrical stimulus similar to a pet training collar, or flash a light bar with audio cues to alert nearby crew so action is taken. Similar to anti theft systems at stores. ;)

Next phase is smart sneeze guards that detect grabbers and grazers. ;)

Ooooooooo. I am running to the Patent office as we speak. I am gonna make a fortune !!!!!!

It is sad to think that adults who do not wash their hands after using the restroom, are not teaching their children to wash theirs. Hence, another generation of non-handwashers.

Businesses, stores, and restaurants have signs in their restrooms instructing employees to wash hands before returning to work. The signs should be reworded to say "Everyone Must Wash Hands Before Leaving This Restroom." Put sign on back of bathroom door, as well as by the sinks.

Just a thought, as I disembarked the Star this morning, sharing that it's not just a lack of hand-washing that contributes to this disease. Last night, while walking through the pool area, there were several pairs of shoes that had been placed directly onto the poolside tabletops. I shuddered, and almost knocked those shoes off the tables, but didn't want to get accused of trying to steal the shoes.

Do you have any idea how much germy grossness is on the bottoms of your shoes??? Especially since those shoes are worn into bathrooms?

Ew, ew, ew....and possibly a contributer to Noro.

CeleBrat

PSA: wash your hands people - OFTEN

now the gem is not visiting ST Martin. It's at sea.

It's 10 day cruise and only 4 port days. Now it's down to 3 port days. And there are still a port or two left

So wash your hands. Soap and water. Use hand sanitizers

I am not on the GEM. but I am boarding her Tuesday

Hopefully the people on board will feel better. I hope they give him some sort of refund for the islands they won't be visiting.

Hopefully the people on board will feel better. I hope they give him some sort of refund for the islands they won't be visiting.

I believe there will be a small refund for ST martins port charges ((-$40))

It's not NCL fault people are slobs.

I have finally decided that their lackluster service does not deserve ANY more sampling - despite their tempting itineraries.

With regard to your specific question: I found far more discerning (and courteous) people on Royal, Carnival and Princess - as on Cunard, Celebrity and HAL; which latter three offer better service generally - and are thus lines of choice.

:eek: