MSC Divina. Cabin Balcony question.

reymon1122

Need your help for those experience cruisers w/MSC Divina. I'm having a hard time choosing between Balcony Stateroom Bella or Fantastica . What are the main difference between the two. Currently these are the listed rooms on sale for Bella (8086,8089,8090 and 8093) and for Fantastica (9089,9090,9093,9094).

If i go with Fantastica which of the rooms you think has the best views and location.

Any input is very much appreciated.

I am new to MSC, so my knowledge is based only on research from this forum and the MSC website. From what I can gather, there is a general difference between standard Bella and Fantastica balcony rooms, such that Bella rooms tend to be of smaller square footage, and have a slightly smaller balcony. More importantly, the Bella vs. Fantastica designation refers to the kind of experience you have onboard. Fantastica is more the typical cruise line experience that most cruisers are used to. Bella is a bit more of a no-frills experience. For example, restrictions on room service, and possibly being seated in the buffet area rather than the main dining room if it is crowded. It sounds as though Fantastica is a better situation if the price difference is small. There are folks on this board who can give exact dimensions of specific rooms (and there is some variety), but typically Bella is more like 149 sq feet while Fantastica is more like 192 sq feet, and Bella balcony more like 34 sq feet vs 42 sql feet for the typical category room. There are some other things to consider such as the way the ship is shaped along the sides, with some balcony cabins being recessed very far in with more limited view, and also a large overhang over the top which could make for a dark balcony. Some of the deck 8 balconies overlook the lifeboats, so you might want to consult a deck plan.

Size is not necessarily dependent on being Bella or Fantastica. There is a long thread here about B1-B3 cabins, and if you read through it - it will take a bit of time - you may find the cabins you mentioned discussed'

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2021386

There are other threads about Divina cabins, but the most frequent poster to them is currently cruising the Med. EM

I am new to MSC, so my knowledge is based only on research from this forum and the MSC website. From what I can gather, there is a general difference between standard Bella and Fantastica balcony rooms, such that Bella rooms tend to be of smaller square footage, and have a slightly smaller balcony. More importantly, the Bella vs. Fantastica designation refers to the kind of experience you have onboard. Fantastica is more the typical cruise line experience that most cruisers are used to. Bella is a bit more of a no-frills experience. For example, restrictions on room service, and possibly being seated in the buffet area rather than the main dining room if it is crowded. It sounds as though Fantastica is a better situation if the price difference is small. There are folks on this board who can give exact dimensions of specific rooms (and there is some variety), but typically Bella is more like 149 sq feet while Fantastica is more like 192 sq feet, and Bella balcony more like 34 sq feet vs 42 sql feet for the typical category room. There are some other things to consider such as the way the ship is shaped along the sides, with some balcony cabins being recessed very far in with more limited view, and also a large overhang over the top which could make for a dark balcony. Some of the deck 8 balconies overlook the lifeboats, so you might want to consult a deck plan.

I'm considering the Fantastica experience on deck 9. How about the balcony's? Do all balconies on deck 9 have plexiglass rather than the steel barrier?

Size is not necessarily dependent on being Bella or Fantastica. There is a long thread here about B1-B3 cabins, and if you read through it - it will take a bit of time - you may find the cabins you mentioned discussed'

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2021386

There are other threads about Divina cabins, but the most frequent poster to them is currently cruising the Med. EM

Im checking the link..Thank you.

• 1 year later...

Would you mind sending the list you mention below? It would be greatly appreciated.

"If you are are trying to decide on particular cabins, I have a listing of every cabin onboard with the square footage of the cabin overall (plus broken down into bathroom and living space) and the balcony. Let me know if you need that info on certain ones."

Bret

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, hotrod610 said:

Looking at cabin 11207 will it have a sitting area small couch also why no cabins across from it

No couch or easy chair, slightly smaller balcony.  the blank space across is probably a service closet.  EM

On 3/20/2016 at 9:40 PM, reymon1122 said:

How about the Sofa? is that the standard to all stateroom with balconies?

No, we had one cabin that had a bathtub in the bathroom and it did not have a sofa, it only had a chair.  We also had a cabin with a couch and it only had a shower in the bathroom.

I much preferred the couch since there was way more room.  The bathtub was deep and long but narrow,