Currency

maggie2010

and does Palin live on one of those remote islands?

[YOUTUBE]RKrUdIkoJEU[/YOUTUBE]

So you think Saturday Night Live spoofs are reality? Or can you not differentiate Tina Fey from Sarah Palin?

The "I can see Russia from my house" is soley from the SNL skit. Palin did say "You can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska." which is in fact true as outlined above.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/russia.asp

Edited by gpb11

• 11 months later...
it interesting how many times Aussies thought that Alaska is part of Canada.

With the separation of East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) from Pakistan the US became the largest land separation of parts of the country at about 500 miles of Canada. Even Kaliningrad is closer to Russia at 360 or so miles. A lot of people are not used to thinking about countries in disconnected chunks.

Vancouver - taxi from cruise terminal to Vancouver airport - Do we need Canadian $ for taxi or will they accept US$?

I suspect they would be happy to take US$ "at par" except for hassle of exchanging it with commission charge. Most take credit card which will give you the better exchange rate anyway.

Vancouver - taxi from cruise terminal to Vancouver airport - Do we need Canadian $ for taxi or will they accept US$?

You'll be offered a rate better than par but worse than official rate (assumes rates remain much as they are at the moment). Credit card - even with a typical 2.5% foreign transaction fee - will be better value than the unofficial cash rate offered which is usually more like 5-10% worse than official in my experience.