Carnival Sensation March 2016 Experience

Tracy22

We just got off the Carnival Sensation (3/14 thru 3/18) 5 nights Eastern Caribbean (Grand Turks, Halfmoon Cay, Nassau Bahamas). My husband and I had the time of our lives. The staff were so friendly and accommodating. The boat was very clean. Our room was so cozy and our room attendant always had our room clean and the bed turned down every night. The food was not as bad as I was expecting from all of the reviews I had read previously. We had a blast at Margaritaville and the ocean in Grand Turks. We LOVED Halfmoon Cay this island is amazing!! So clean, water is just like the pictures and the sand is so soft. Nassau Bahamas was just ok. They warn you about this island before you get off ship so that made us not go too far. We ended up at Fat Tuesday's for a drink and to check out people jumping off the sides into the ocean. Then we had homemade right in front of us quac dip and chips and a drink. Then we had to buy a beer and get it in a bag and walk the streets drinking it as this is a big no no where we live but allowed here. If you are scheduled to go on this ship you will have a great time and be very happy with this ship even if it is an older ship.

Thanks for your review! We are taking this same cruise next week (GT, HMC, and Nassau on Sensation) and it will be our first cruise as a family. We are planning on walking around Nassau on our own (hubby and myself, plus 8 and 11 year old), and I'm a bit concerned that they warned you about safety, but glad that you found it easy to explore the well traveled areas on your own. So excited to relax on the beach and eat good food!

We just got off the Carnival Sensation (3/14 thru 3/18) 5 nights Eastern Caribbean (Grand Turks, Halfmoon Cay, Nassau Bahamas). My husband and I had the time of our lives. The staff were so friendly and accommodating. The boat was very clean. Our room was so cozy and our room attendant always had our room clean and the bed turned down every night. The food was not as bad as I was expecting from all of the reviews I had read previously. We had a blast at Margaritaville and the ocean in Grand Turks. We LOVED Halfmoon Cay this island is amazing!! So clean, water is just like the pictures and the sand is so soft. Nassau Bahamas was just ok. They warn you about this island before you get off ship so that made us not go too far. We ended up at Fat Tuesday's for a drink and to check out people jumping off the sides into the ocean. Then we had homemade right in front of us quac dip and chips and a drink. Then we had to buy a beer and get it in a bag and walk the streets drinking it as this is a big no no where we live but allowed here. If you are scheduled to go on this ship you will have a great time and be very happy with this ship even if it is an older ship.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and thank-you for your report.

Leaving this Thursday Western route.. Can you tell me about, shows, things not to miss and any tips?

We are booked on this itinery in October.

We look forward to HMC. How did you find the tender situation? We don't want to spend the huge amount of money for a cabana, did you see clamshells or other shady area at the beach?

Were there any other ships in Grand Turk? How busy was it as the ship arrives late in the morning?

Thanks!!

Edited by OntarioTraveller

We are booked on this itinery in October.

We look forward to HMC. How did you find the tender situation? We don't want to spend the huge amount of money for a cabana, did you see clamshells or other shady area at the beach?

Were there any other ships in Grand Turk? How busy was it as the ship arrives late in the morning?

Thanks!!

Clam shells are $20.00 and there are plenty of trees that provide shade between Cabana's number 6 to 10, with by cabana number 6 being the best.

We are on the March 28th sailing and have a Cabana at HMC and hope to have number 10, 9 or 8. Drop on over and say hello as we are from Ontario also.

Clam shells are $20.00 and there are plenty of trees that provide shade between Cabana's number 6 to 10, with by cabana number 6 being the best.

We are on the March 28th sailing and have a Cabana at HMC and hope to have number 10, 9 or 8. Drop on over and say hello as we are from Ontario also.

Oh! I like the idea of renting a clam shell for some shade! How does it work? Is it first-come, first-serve once you arrive on the island, or do you register first on the ship? Are some areas of beach better than others? We're a family of 4 (kids are 8 and 11) -- is it worth it to get two? Thanks!

Oh! I like the idea of renting a clam shell for some shade! How does it work? Is it first-come, first-serve once you arrive on the island, or do you register first on the ship? Are some areas of beach better than others? We're a family of 4 (kids are 8 and 11) -- is it worth it to get two? Thanks!

Rent on the beach ---when you arrive walk to the beach--look to your left for the shack on the beach that rents gear and tell them you want a clam shell.

You pay with S&S card.

choose wisely-- check to see if the supports are good some are broken and when it wind the blow the cam shell can fall.

Glad to hear you had a great time on the Sensation. We sailed her a few months ago before she left for Miami and I was so pleasently surpirsed with the amazing time we had. The crew was so friendly, the entertainment was great and our CD was fun.

Poor ship seems to have a bad reputation, but it was one of our favorites.

Edited by Mommabear2Five

• 1 year later...

My mom and I were on the same cruise! It was wonderful! We went to Margaritaville in Grand Turk, had cabana 8 in Half Moon Cay, and stayed on the boat in Nassau after our steward told us it wasn't totally safe if we weren't traveling in a group. So we hung out on Lido deck and had the pool all to ourselves. We're going to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman next March.