Tables In Speciality Dining

didi7

Can you tell me how large the tables are in Polo & Toscana. On the web site I can see what looks like a 10 as well as a 6 & many 4s. Are there any for 8? Are there just one or two of the larger tables? Thank you! We sail next Tuesday and I should have thought of this sooner!

Here's the Oceania newbie question:

(I've typically only sailed lines with "traditional" dining in the past)

MUST you have a reservation to dine in Polo or Toscana? How far in advance must they be made? Or can you just walk up and ask if they can "fit you in" like at most restaurants back home? If you can, and there are only two of you...but, tables for two are all taken, will they seat you with others (like in "open seating" meals)? How does the seating work at the Main Dining Room? Do you just walk up and get asked if you'd prefer to sit with others?

Thanks...

You do need reservations for Polo and Toscana. Best time to make them is immediately upon boarding and then about half way through the cruise when nearly everyone has had their one or two guaranteed reservations. You can sometimes get a table at the last minute if there's been a cancellation, but it's rare. We were seated at a table for 4 in Toscana and a table for 6 in Polo.

Archived