Any ideas how i do this back to back??

bendigoboy

Sorry, being British I am very confused by this. I am looking to book b2b for 2017 ...1st leg Vancouver to San Fransisco ...2nd leg San Fransisco round trip calling in Ensenada ...is this allowed under these rules? I wouldn't think Ensenada would be classed as a distant port. Sorry if it appears simple to those that know what they are doing :confused:

Sorry, being British I am very confused by this. I am looking to book b2b for 2017 ...1st leg Vancouver to San Fransisco ...2nd leg San Fransisco round trip calling in Ensenada ...is this allowed under these rules? I wouldn't think Ensenada would be classed as a distant port. Sorry if it appears simple to those that know what they are doing :confused:

yes, it is fine since you are starting in Vancouver

Think its from 1886 or so. Designed to prevent passengers from using the ships as short run ferries. SanD-SanF, Seattle-Vancouver etc. I wanted to do Solstice Alaska run then Solstice to HNL. No go. Ended up on mediocre NCL Alaska, then Solstice to HNL. You are legal if you start in Sydney which is considered a distant foreign port.

Pretty much correct, although Seattle-Vancouver would not be a problem. It's more of a protectionist law, designed to keep domestic transportation with US companies. A similar situation applies with airlines-- Lufthansa does not have New York-Chicago flights, for instance.

"Sorry, being British I am very confused by this. I am looking to book b2b for 2017 ...1st leg Vancouver to San Fransisco ...2nd leg San Fransisco round trip calling in Ensenada ...is this allowed under these rules? I wouldn't think Ensenada would be classed as a distant port. Sorry if it appears simple to those that know what they are doing "

You are correct, Ensenada is not a distant foreign port. However, since you are starting your journey in Vancouver Canada, and ending in the US, you will be fine.

The call on Ensenada is a requirement for the round-trip San Francisco journey. For round-trip journeys, the ship must call on a foreign port, but does not need to visit a distant foreign port.

So, Vancouver-SF, allowed under PVSA. Round trip SF calling on Ensenada, fulfills the requirements of PVSA.

yes, it is fine since you are starting in Vancouver

You are correct, Ensenada is not a distant foreign port. However, since you are starting your journey in Vancouver Canada, and ending in the US, you will be fine.

The call on Ensenada is a requirement for the round-trip San Francisco journey. For round-trip journeys, the ship must call on a foreign port, but does not need to visit a distant foreign port.

So, Vancouver-SF, allowed under PVSA. Round trip SF calling on Ensenada, fulfills the requirements of PVSA.

thank you for the clarification :)

Vancouver and Ensenada are NOT distant foreign ports. I was told Celebrity would be fined $300 for allowing illegal B2Bs.

That is correct, they NOT considered Foreign distant ports, however Vancouver as a starting or ending port is required to satisfy the PVSA.

Ensenda is used as the foreign port as it is required of closed-loop cruises such as Pacific Coastal cruises that start and end in the same port in California.

Yes, Vancouver and Ensenada are not distant foreign ports.

If they were you would see itineraries such as LA - vancouver - Seatle or SF - Ensenada- LA

And yes, if a passenger on an otherwise legal itinerary gets off early, putting the cruise line in violation of the PVSA, then there would be a fine.

So if you are on a cruise from Anchorage to Vancoiver, and you decide to disembark in Ketchikan there would be a fine, which the cruise line would probably bill you for

Edited by WestLakeGirl

Yes, Vancouver and Ensenada are not distant foreign ports.

If they were you would see itineraries such as LA - vancouver - Seatle or SF - Ensenada- LA

And yes, if a passenger on an otherwise legal itinerary gets off early, putting the cruise line in violation of the PVSA, then there would be a fine.

So if you are on a cruise from Anchorage to Vancoiver, and you decide to disembark in Ketchikan there would be a fine, which the cruise line would probably bill you for

The fee is waved under certain circumstances like emergencies, family or otherwise. It doesn't work on a "you decide" basis. You would not be allowed to disembark in Ketchikan in the instance of a Anchorage to Vancouver sailing.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

I am interested in booking Celebrity Solstice from Honolulu to Vancouver on April 29, 2018. BUT i want to book it as a back to back with the cruise that will follow it! ......

The easiest way to avoid any legal problem is to change ships at Vancouver, if there is another Alaska cruise leaving from Vancouver that day.

We have done that, as have many others.

It works nicely when taking a southbound Alaska cruise from Seward or Whittier followed by a southbound coastal cruise as well.

As others have stated, the nationality of the passenger makes no difference.

Edited by fleckle