Should a beverage package "show up" on your set-sail pass?

I've seen the question asked about how to take advantage of a beverage package as soon as you board the ship and before you have your sea pass cards (sailing on Anthem.). I thought the answer was that there will be a notation on your set sail pass that you use until you receive your sea pass card.

My setsail pass does not have any notation regarding the beverage package I purchased. Should it? Or does the bar staff scan the barcode on my setsail, and that's how they know?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On every one of our previous cruises we have always received our sail pass cards in the terminal before boarding. This will be our first time getting a drink package but my understanding was that it will be on that card and all ready to go.

On every one of our previous cruises we have always received our sail pass cards in the terminal before boarding. This will be our first time getting a drink package but my understanding was that it will be on that card and all ready to go.

The OP is sailing on Anthem which does not issue SeaPass cards until after they have boarded the ship. The SetSail pass functions to make charges to the guest's account until they have the SeaPass card.

The OP is sailing on Anthem which does not issue SeaPass cards until after they have boarded the ship. The SetSail pass functions to make charges to the guest's account until they have the SeaPass card.

Ah, I didn't know that :)

What if we dont purchase a drink package until we are on board? How is it put on our set sail pass?

From what I am reading here, they enter the drink package purchase on your onboard account. Your SetSail pass can then be scanned to determine if your onboard account has a drink package.

What if we dont purchase a drink package until we are on board? How is it put on our set sail pass?

This was a concern of mine, too. I bought my package in the terminal and they give you the sticker to put on your card when you get it. I was prepared for this and had something to keep the sticker in since it is small would be easy to lose.

But they give you a handwritten receipt for the package. Plus you have the sticker. Plus they could look it up. It won't be an issue.

Edited by MattInFLL

Thank you!

Sorry about all the questions, it's my first time buying a package. I'm not much of a drinker but the way drink priced have sky-rocketed since our last cruise (2014) and with 20% off packages, I figured I'd indulge myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk