Breakaway Menus from March 6 cruise

When we sailed on the Breakaway on January 31 they had just switched to a new menu at O'Sheehan's. It seemed to be the same one they switched to on the Escape (http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/cr_204_osheehan.pdf). We sail again on April 3 so it's disappointing that they seem to have changed it again to include far fewer items.

Just a thought NYFirstTimeCruiser - did you go to O'Sheehan's very late at night? It seems to me that they had a limited menu overnight. Maybe that was the menu you took a picture of.

edit - I forgot to say thank you very much for uploading the pictures of the menus! :)

Edited by C-line

I forgot what restaurants some of them are. I'll post if I remember…….

ry%3D480

Haven Restaurant

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a6dd07b3127cceebe12a019d2f00000030O01QaNGbhqzcg9vPgg/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00903050834420160326141946595.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Pan Seared Scallops - Haven Restaurant

ry%3D480

Haven

ry%3D480

Haven

ry%3D480

Surf and Turf - Haven

ry%3D480

2lb. Lobster - Haven

ry%3D480

Prime Rib - Haven

1381562681_ROOMSNACKS.jpg.d1bbd1cb23fbe462235b426f7b8ecaed.jpg

ry%3D480

Haven

ry%3D480

Pan Seared Salmon - Haven

ry%3D480

Daily, the butler brings some snacks for the day…. sometimes we come back to the room with this. We're full from eating everywhere so most of the time, it's untouched.

ry%3D480

For breakfast, you can order from the menu and while waiting, they have a little spread for you while you wait for your breakfast to arrive - Haven

ry%3D480

Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer - Haven

ry%3D480

Pork Appetizer - Haven . They look big in picture but they're bite size.

will try to upload pics soon

34#34

Thank you for sharing those food images - that are perfectly sized & seemed to me, IMHO, that the gallery crew spend a lot of time decorating with careful use of trimmings, making it looked just right like the good old "Cooking Light" menu in the old NCL days (which some of us remembered & still missed ... #sigh, times are changing) :D

DW would not be wasting any excess food that she can't consume as she often ended up sharing that with me (move it over to our plate) :rolleyes: - while I can stay on my diet in trimming my weight (although we seldom, if ever, gained pounds at the end of any cruises) and not worried about over-eating at all (and, less waste for recycling & fish food into the ocean).

Now, for many cruisers - they might find it necessary to "up-size" the portion - dietitians probably say otherwise. Changes are welcoming & can be (at the same time) good and bad - quality improvements are good but few selections - not so much.

Footnote / disclaimers - biased opinions on food are always, subjective & personal, and the views expressed are exclusive & only mine/ours alone, which many will respectfully disagree ... and, this is very helpful & useful info.

ry%3D480

Porterhouse - Cagney's. They have a 16 and 32oz Porterhouse. They were out of the 16oz steak so they gave me the 32oz - no extra charge if you are part of the dining plan

ry%3D480

Lobster - Cagney's

ry%3D480

RibEye Steak - Cagney's

ry%3D480

Beef Appetizer from La Cucina - we had it delivered at Haven. One of the Haven Perks is you can order from any dining room in the ship and have it delivered to the Haven Restaurant. We tried it once to see if it works. You order in advance and you let them know what time you want to dine at the Haven and they will have it ready for you… you pay for whatever it costs at whatever restaurant. I believe this is $5.95

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

• 10 months later...

Thanks for the menus and pics! Hopefully the menus haven't changed dramatically over the past year... less than three weeks to go, and considering the weather we've had the past several days here in NYC, our sailing date can't get here soon enough!

Thanks for the menus and pics! Hopefully the menus haven't changed dramatically over the past year... less than three weeks to go, and considering the weather we've had the past several days here in NYC, our sailing date can't get here soon enough!

I'm going next week and I will post menus when I get back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From a quick look at the posted menus, the main differences, as far as I am aware, are the removal of Lobster from the speciality restaurants.

There seems to be some confusion about the Tomahawk steak in Cagneys. From what I can tell, it is being removed from the menus, but is still available on a number of ships at the moment.

Thank you for your menus and pictures of the food. I leave in May and hope that half these items are still available. I have the food package and would like to know if there is a limit to what you can order in the speciality restaurants.

Your comments, pictures and menu downloads have helped me a lot.