POA, Molokini Crater Tour & Sunset at Haleakala

Waihekean

Thinking about booking the Molokine snorkel Tour with NCL from 8:20am - 2:30pm. Then booking the Haleakala Sunset Tour with Roberts of Hawaii which is listed as 4:30 - 8:30pm.

So, in principal that would give me enough time to return to the ship and get picked up again. Or am I too optimistic about that and cutting it too fine?

Any help on that would be appreciated or any advise about these tours as well.

I did that particular ships tour last month. The time back sounds about right. When we got back, I went to the airport to rent a car. The rest of the family showered and changed. I got back showered and changed, and then we left about 4:15 to drive to the Old Lahaina Luau.

I think you should be fine.

That tour ended up being the highlight of our trip. I feel lucky that day the seas were very calm and we had no issues crossing over. Driving by the next day, there were white caps everywhere and I did not see many boats out. Advice on this forum is to usually head over as early as possible to maximize the chance of calm seas. As this boat was arriving, the other boats over there were leaving.

Aloha,

Traffic in Maui typically isn't that bad during your return back to the ship from the first excursion (assuming you're leaving around 130/200 from the Molokini boat and pickup site). Should be fine! Enjoy your vacation! :)

It should be fine. We did that snorkel tour and after returning, rented a car and drove to Haleakala ourselves in time for sunset. The snorkel tour is what I was most looking forward to, but will have to go back again because the day we were there the wind was too strong for molokini so we ended up elsewhere. I loved the crew on the boat, but given that I live in Oahu the alternate snorkel location wasn't much different from my usual snorkel spots. Just wanted to make that note, in case specifically molokini was where you are wanting to go, so you know it may or may not go to that spot the day of your tour. (No other tours that I am aware of went to molokini that day either. It simply wasn't safe.)

~Katy