Price of Wash/cut/blow dry

4FRCruising

Thinking of getting a wash/cut/blow dry while in the ship instead of rushing around like crazy before sail date. Anyone know the approximate cost?

Can't help you with price, as I've never had my hair cut onboard. I understand the desire not to run around like mad pre-cruise, but if you have a favorite stylist that you always go to at home, he or she likely knows you well and knows how you like your hair. I'd be very hesitant to have my hair cut onboard by someone I've never met. I'm sure there are plenty of good stylists on cruise ships but would be very hesitant to try someone new like that. If you don't tend to go to the same person every time at home, or have a simple hairstyle where the details aren't important, then it may not matter. ;)

Thinking of getting a wash/cut/blow dry while in the ship instead of rushing around like crazy before sail date. Anyone know the approximate cost?

Canyon Ranch at Sea (Regent, Oceania and Celebrity) posts their prices online. Shampoo, cut and blow dry varies between $78-$96, depending on length of hair. There's a discount if you have it done while in port. That's in line with what I pay here in Atlanta. Surprising, and makes me think I'll have mine at least trimmed on the ship.

Here's a link:

http://www.canyonranchdestinations.com/sea/spaclubcelebritycruises/the-salon/hair/

Edited by JanineM

Can't help you with price, as I've never had my hair cut onboard. I understand the desire not to run around like mad pre-cruise, but if you have a favorite stylist that you always go to at home, he or she likely knows you well and knows how you like your hair. I'd be very hesitant to have my hair cut onboard by someone I've never met. I'm sure there are plenty of good stylists on cruise ships but would be very hesitant to try someone new like that. If you don't tend to go to the same person every time at home, or have a simple hairstyle where the details aren't important, then it may not matter. ;)

I'd be more hesitant in case I found someone I really liked onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app