Orca Enterprises Change

Glaciers

I was able to talk to Robyn at Dolphin Tours this afternoon. She is a nice, helpful person.

Our Orca whale watch reservation at 9am has been transferred to Dolphin. They had a second whale watch tour at 11am. There was a discount to do back-to-back watch trips, so we'll now have 4 hours on the water.

We are also booked with Orca on May 16th. We have been twice before and have never been disappointed. The last time was in May 2014 and there was a lot of activity due to mothers and their calves.

Have you updated your reservation to Dolphin since Orca was sold recently?

• 7 months later...

Our group of 9 used them in June of this year and had a great experience. We did one of the Outback tours on a boat that can have 14 people max. The captain got us really close to a group of orcas, as well as many humpback whales. We also went close to seals, sea lions, and eagles. There were water bottles and snacks (granola bar types) on board. It was about 3 hours out on the water. They were also able to accommodate a pickup of our group from Mendenhall. Was one of the highlights of our trip! So much better than the whale viewing you experience from the cruise ship. I would recommend them. So many great photos. The captain also does whale tours in Hawaii in the winter months and had some interesting information to share about whales in both Alaska and Hawaii.

thanks for the feedback as well, b/c i'll be taken them in may, i have a question, they have different time slots, does it matter which one you take?

also, how do they determine how many people you get on a boat with, when i look them up, it just gives time slots?

it is very typical not be able to get hold of the vendor during their off season. We just had a RV trip last summer with a Caravan of 10 RVs. I tried to book the RV sites from different vendors. No body got back to me until May or June (maybe after snow melts :)). But I felt I was over planned and put too much unnecessary anxiety upon myself.:D