cruise to europe brussles attack do we now have to cancel? keep ourselves locked up!!

belli2006

From my Travel Guard Policy per my TA:

TRIP CANCELLATION AND/OR INTERRUPTION

The Company will reimburse the Insured a benefit, up to the

Maximum Limit shown in the Schedule or Declarations Page

if an Insured cancels his/her Trip or is unable to continue on

his/her Trip due to any of the following Unforeseen events:

(i) a Terrorist Incident in a City listed on the Insured’s

itinerary within 30 days of the Insured’s scheduled arrival;

Also note the definition of Terrorist Incident applicable to most states--

“'Terrorist Incident' means an act of violence by any person acting on behalf of or in connection with any organization which is generally recognized as having the intent to overthrow or influence the control of any government, that is deemed terrorism by the United States Government other than civil disorder or riot, that is not an act of war, declared or undeclared, that results in Loss of life or major damage to property."

Language can vary, depending on one's state of residence. For example, wording for New York state residents--

"If within 30 days of Your departure, a politically motivated Terrorist Attack occurs within a 1-mile radius of the territorial city limits of the city to be visited by the program for which the Insured has registered. This coverage applies only if this plan was purchased within 21 calendar days of initial Trip payment."

and

“'Terrorist Attack' means an incident deemed an act of terrorism by the U.S. government."

The above are from the Gold plan.

Having said that , depending on the specifics , certain parts of Africa exceed my risk tolerance .

Yes, I should have been more specific, given the size of the African continent. We will be gorilla trekking in Rwanda and on safari in northern Tanzania. (A little different than, say, a trip to Somalia or Libya!)

Yes, I should have been more specific, given the size of the African continent. We will be gorilla trekking in Rwanda and on safari in northern Tanzania. (A little different than, say, a trip to Somalia or Libya!)

If you need an extra porter let me know . :D