Suites on Pearl

fivesenuff

We are in a forward SE on our Pearl cruise. Being from Florida we expect to be a little (or a lot) chilly on the balcony. On our cold nights here, DH and I will set in the patio in a heavy bath robe to keep the chill away.

How heavy are the bath robes in a suite? I have read that they are terry cloth. If that is still true, how heavy are they? Also, do they have blankets for use on the balcony. Again, I saw pictures posted of nice wool throws in the deck chairs but can't remember if was NCL.

I am not above packing my own robes and throws to ward off the chill to enjoy that balcony to the fullest, but would rather not pack them if I don't need to.

If the throws are available, is this something I should ask the pre-concierge for?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are in a forward SE on our Pearl cruise. Being from Florida we expect to be a little (or a lot) chilly on the balcony. On our cold nights here, DH and I will set in the patio in a heavy bath robe to keep the chill away.

How heavy are the bath robes in a suite? I have read that they are terry cloth. If that is still true, how heavy are they? Also, do they have blankets for use on the balcony. Again, I saw pictures posted of nice wool throws in the deck chairs but can't remember if was NCL.

I am not above packing my own robes and throws to ward off the chill to enjoy that balcony to the fullest, but would rather not pack them if I don't need to.

If the throws are available, is this something I should ask the pre-concierge for?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm guessing that you are talking about an Alaskan cruise to need a robe and/or throw...

NCL robes that we have had in suites are a decent weight "waffle weave." I found it good for keeping the chill off (I'm small and chill easily)! I've never seen a throw in a suite on NCL (sometimes I pack my own, especially since we fly to most ports, and I'll use on the plane).

OP, since you are in fwd suite, you should be warned that you must keep your balcony dark after sundown because of the bridge above. If there is light pollution from your balcony to the bridge, you will be contacted pretty quickly.

Edited by Demonyte

I always travel with my own lap blanket (use it in the plane) and will ask our cabin steward for extra blankets for sitting on our balcony. We are going on the Pearl to Alaska early May and already have flannel lounging jammies and socks ready. I am also always cold so I pack accordingly. We put in a request with the preconcierge to have extra blankets in the suite upon boarding. If they are not there, I am sure out cabin steward will hook us up!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On our Alaskan cruise on the Jewel last year (SE 9500 Forward Facing Penthouse), we had our butler bring down some deck chairs to augment our loungers and a pile of deck blankets.

We spent many hours every day/night (along with many of the other SE dwellers) sitting out on our balcony watching the whales and sea life. Because the bottom portion of the railing is solid, unless you are sitting/standing right at the railing, you don't get too much wind.

When we got to the glaciers, we were all bundled up with jackets and hats (along with our deck blankets).

It was a fantastic cruise.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

My friend and traveling partner keeps insisting I give this a try so here I go. We (2 couples) will be traveling on the Pearl May 5, 2016 (28 Days away!!!) We will be in a mini suite. Any suggestions regarding weather or anything else I might need to know. This is my FIRST CRUISE!! So Excited

OP, since you are in fwd suite, you should be warned that you must keep your balcony dark after sundown because of the bridge above. If there is light pollution from your balcony to the bridge, you will be contacted pretty quickly.

just curious as to why? (Since this is the suite area I like to book)...

My friend and traveling partner keeps insisting I give this a try so here I go. We (2 couples) will be traveling on the Pearl May 5, 2016 (28 Days away!!!) We will be in a mini suite. Any suggestions regarding weather or anything else I might need to know. This is my FIRST CRUISE!! So Excited

You will love the Pearl. Could not have picked better for your first cruise, IMHO. However, lest ther be any confusion, a mini-suite is a bigger balcony cabin. It is not a suite in which you will receive the perks.

I know we're on the same cruise because of roll call :) but I just wanted to say - my in-laws and hubby's aunt/uncle both have forward SE suites! (hubs and I have an aft SF suite). What deck are you on?

I know we're on the same cruise because of roll call :) but I just wanted to say - my in-laws and hubby's aunt/uncle both have forward SE suites! (hubs and I have an aft SF suite). What deck are you on?

Sorry for the delay response...just saw the new post.

We are on deck 9...Suite 9000. What deck are they on? We may be neighbors :)

• 2 weeks later...