Lower price

lbfluffy

I noticed our cruise went down on the Grand to Alaska. Right now we have the drink package promotion, pre paid gratuities and $225 OBC. My agent said if I want the lower price I would save about $800 but I would lose the drink promotion and only get $125 OBC. We would still keep the pre paid gratuities. This is a 10 day cruise. My agent said I have better deal with all the extras. What do you think? She did say if Princess offers the free drink package again then it might be worth it, but I doubt that promotion will happen before our June 2016 cruise.

Thanks

The drink package for two people for 10 days is worth more than the $800 saving on the fare. I guess it depends on whether or not you want the drink package or the money. If you don't really drink much take the reduced fare. If you like to drink then keep what you have.

I had a similar situation on our upcoming Med cruise. We gave up the drink package, kept the pre-paid grats and saved a bunch. You have to figure out if your bar bill will be higher than your savings!!! :D

Edited by Murphey

Thats a tough one, but I would keep what you have for about 34.00 each to spend in specialty coffees, water and drinks to break even. Not having to pay for a single beverage is worth it for me. I also am going on the Ruby to Alaska in May and have the drinks inclusive pkg, and am looking forward to never considering "should I or shouldn't I"

I know my husband will drink his money's worth. It doesn't matter to me, but if I have the package I'll drink. I'm not a huge drinker but that package is for all types of drinks. I will definitely drink the bottled water and the coffee drinks. We had a drink package on Carnival and it was pretty nice being able to try new drinks and toss them if we didn't like them.

I know my husband will drink his money's worth. It doesn't matter to me, but if I have the package I'll drink. I'm not a huge drinker but that package is for all types of drinks. I will definitely drink the bottled water and the coffee drinks. We had a drink package on Carnival and it was pretty nice being able to try new drinks and toss them if we didn't like them.

I would keep what you have. Its nice not having to worry about drinks etc..

FWIW You'll have to pay for your hot chocolate on Princess. They don't have the machines like Carnival does.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would take the reduced fair for Alaska. If it was a Caribbean Cruise I may think differently but with Alaska it's a different kind of cruise. Less of a party type atmosphere.

I agree with you. There's too much to see and do to take a chance at a hangover, even a slight one. The mornings usually start very early. I'd rather be able to have some extra cash for the excursions which can be quite pricey.

Calculate on a good day how much you will drink to see if having the beverage package is really worth it vs paying for it out of pocket. $800 savings on fare + free gratuities + $125 OBC still sounds pretty good me. If you don't take it then your guaranteed to be paying $800 more...