Outstanding balance

catperson02

I paid of the balance on my forthcoming cruise about a week ago. I actually paid it off early (about a month early) due to a major project on the house coming in under budget so I decided that it made sense to pay off the cruise that have the money earn precious little interest in my current account.

I subsequently received an email from celebrity with my booking confirmation showing all paid off. However, when I log into my celebrity and view my reservation it shows an outstanding balance of £0.42. When I rang to query this the agent could not work out why this was showing and said not to worry.

Has anybody had this issue before? I have read horror stories of reservations being cancelled due to outstanding balances of a few pence and I would be gutted if this happened.

Any advice or reassurance would be great.

I would suggest asking Celebrity (or your TA) to email a copy of your booking confirmation which should show you having a 0 balance. It could be a glitch in the website display.

I recently had a price reduction and the website shows "Total Charge: N/A"

I would go based on the booking confirmation

I had the same problem plus. The plus was that each time I logged onto My Celebrity, the "balance owing" was different. Once, after a call, it was double what it should have been. This went on for about month and a half dozen phone calls.

As is so often discussed on this forum, the Celebrity website is a commercial disaster. Rectifications and renewal of the website has been promised for years but has yet to occur. In today's electronic age, I cannot see how a company like Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. , which owns Celebrity, can have such a poor online product as it has for Celebrity. Royal Caribbean website is a gem by comparison and it is not even as technologically advanced as others.

Nothing new. Simply print out your letter and MAIL it to them asking for clarification. You will get a letter back saying sorry. If you can call for free to some number in the UK then do that. Not unusual. Keep the letter saying all good.

My guess is it is part of the exchange rates. My Celebrity is often not correct.

Edited by az_tchr

I paid of the balance on my forthcoming cruise about a week ago. I actually paid it off early (about a month early) due to a major project on the house coming in under budget so I decided that it made sense to pay off the cruise that have the money earn precious little interest in my current account.

I subsequently received an email from celebrity with my booking confirmation showing all paid off. However, when I log into my celebrity and view my reservation it shows an outstanding balance of £0.42. When I rang to query this the agent could not work out why this was showing and said not to worry.

Has anybody had this issue before? I have read horror stories of reservations being cancelled due to outstanding balances of a few pence and I would be gutted if this happened.

Any advice or reassurance would be great.

Maybe it's something to do with the exchange rate. , that's why it fluctuates.