Suggested Appropriate Tips for.....

esdoorn

Thank you to everyone who took the time to provide me with an idea of tips over and above the auto-tip system and also for tipping the porter.

We have FTTF, so we wanted to have an idea on how much to tip the porter to ensure our luggage does in fact get the priority delivery that we have paid for.

Cheers!!!

Make sure and tell the porter that you have FTTF. He will need to place an orange sticker on your bags.

As for tips, cabin steward and dining staff are tipped out of automatic tips. We do tip steward extra if he/she goes out of their way and are exceptional. Been a while since we had one that was really good though or went out of their way to do anything.

Bartenders or waiters already get 15% and I do not tip more.

Room Service, usually $2 since I only get juice.

Porter, we tip $1 per bag.

Do you mean to tell me that when you have someone who assists with your baggage (bellhops, curbside assistance at the airport, shuttle drivers, etc) you NEVER tip them? I'm surprised that you ever see your luggage.

It is common courtesy in the US to tip those who provide additional services.

Odd how no one comes to the defense of those individuals that actually move the bags; the ones that take the bags through the ship to you cabin. Anyone tip them? No.

And to tip the one that simply takes your back and puts it in the cart? I want that job some day. But they're union, and make MEGA BUCKS in salary. And they get paid that salary to perform a job.

The only one you tip are porters than transport your bags from one location to another, that you "hire".