Issues with rebooking from 1 room to 2?

supercanadian

We were able to get a great deal on a cove balcony and interior room upgrade from a single Oceanview room so we took it. We put 1 of our teenagers in a room with one parent, and one with the other. Unfortunately, we lost our Anytime dining and it is now showing as a wait listed option, with only late dining available. With the 2 separate rooms, they were placed under 2 separate booking numbers which I have added to my Carnival account. Will we be seated together during dining or do I have to discuss this with the Maître D when we board?

For some reason, I can select AnytimeDining as a wait listed option, but when I click "Save", it is still listing Late dining on both my bookings. Is this a glitch in their system?

Also, is it possible to have our kids move back and forth between rooms if they want once we start the trip?

When's the cruise?

When you switched cabins you lost your dining assignment. Make sure your bookings are linked. Call Carnival or your TA to do this.

For next time--always get email confirmation before ending the call with Carnival. If something is wrong it can be fixed right away. Have had to change things several times doing this. Saves lots of time later on.

Edited by SadieN

Your kids (as well as any family members) can sleep in whichever cabin you want, after check-in, Carnival doesn't care.

Stop by Guest Services after boarding if you "officially" want to change someone from one cabin to another or you can just have extra/different key cards cut.

You do know that as long as they are your kids, you don't have to do the split parent booking?

Guests 12 and younger

If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from their relative or guardian.

Guests 18 – 20 years of age

Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

Can I ask... Was this change made before or after final payment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was made after final payment. We booked through an Expedia Cruise Center agent, but she said there weren't any fees for doing this, just the change in fare price.

You do know that as long as they are your kids, you don't have to do the split parent booking?

The only reason why we did this was the possibility of buying CHEERS for one of us. I'm not a big drinker, so having to buy 2 would be a waste.