Escape - April 9th - Cabin assignment :(

Sailing on Escape April 23 with a balcony guarantee cabin, wondering if anyone has ideas where the obstructed view cabins are located? This is our 6th cruise, but first balcony, rolled the dice on the guarantee balcony.

There aren't any obstructed view cabins on the Escape.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 4 months later...
@ilovetotravel

How was the room ? Can you give me a review just booked and got that room . Was the balcony avg sized ? Thanks much appreciated

Hey there!

The balcony was slightly angled on the left side (smaller, not larger) due to the crew cabins on the left and how they are designed. Bed was by the balcony. We could see straight down to the water as well.

Cabin was very quiet under the salon and was really close to the forward elevators.

It was really convenient in the mornings when getting to the buffet and pool deck only one floor above us. But a pain in the butt when coming back from port (deck 4). We would just go to O'Sheehan and get something to eat until the crowd died down on the elevators.

Our cabin steward's name was Jonathan. If you have him, he is so great. Very personable and aiming to please.

We did run into the crew sometimes as their cabins were right beside ours on the other side of "crew only" doors, but they were super friendly.

We ended up really loving the location...Have a great time! I'm jealous!

Based on images I have found, it "looks" like there are a few cabins before mine with a different balcony/window set up. Is that were the Captain and his Bridge staff sleep perhaps? The Bridge is right there so it kinda makes sense?

That is crew quarters right behind the bridge and before your room. You are probably under the salon. Directly forward of the salon is the thermal suite and a row of hot stone loungers.

We were in 10706 which is the forward-most cabin on Deck 10 in May. It always seemed like hike from the elevators up to the room. The narrow corridors make it look worse than it is.

That is crew quarters right behind the bridge and before your room. You are probably under the salon. Directly forward of the salon is the thermal suite and a row of hot stone loungers.

We were in 10706 which is the forward-most cabin on Deck 10 in May. It always seemed like hike from the elevators up to the room. The narrow corridors make it look worse than it is.

Yes, we were under the salon. Crews quarters were beside us.

We liked the room location in the end.

Yes, we were under the salon. Crews quarters were beside us.

We liked the room location in the end.

Thank you so much for review. I thought the room was one of those windows lol. Awesome that we have a high floor and a corner not be bothered .

• 3 years later...
On 8/16/2016 at 9:30 PM, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Hey there!

The balcony was slightly angled on the left side (smaller, not larger) due to the crew cabins on the left and how they are designed. Bed was by the balcony. We could see straight down to the water as well.

Cabin was very quiet under the salon and was really close to the forward elevators.

It was really convenient in the mornings when getting to the buffet and pool deck only one floor above us. But a pain in the butt when coming back from port (deck 4). We would just go to O'Sheehan and get something to eat until the crowd died down on the elevators.

Our cabin steward's name was Jonathan. If you have him, he is so great. Very personable and aiming to please.

We did run into the crew sometimes as their cabins were right beside ours on the other side of "crew only" doors, but they were super friendly.

We ended up really loving the location...Have a great time! I'm jealous!

I'm glad to hear this! We just got our room assignment and were given this room, too. We are considering bidding on a mini suite, but I'm happy to hear you liked the room. 

I know this thread is about the Escape and not the Getaway, but I just wanted to add that I had a very similar room location on the Getaway a few years ago. Our room number was 14700, and we were the very first balcony on the hall. We had a long walk from the elevators, of course, but the neat thing was that our door was about three inches from the door to the Captain's Quarters (our door and their door kind of made an L shape lol). We actually bumped into the Captain and his wife a couple of times whenever we were leaving or coming back to our room. They were both very nice. Can't recall his name, but he did tell us his wife was staying with him for the week.

Btw, our room was also directly under the thermal suite, and I don't recall hearing any noise at all. I wouldn't fret over the location. We really enjoyed ours! :)

It does sound like a decent location.  Bridge officer on NCL tend to be friendly and interested in customer satisfaction, so being near them should be a perk in my opinion.

Funny thing about cabin noise, you really never know.  We were assigned a balcony on deck 13 very close to the front of the ship.  So, it was surrounded by cabins on all sides and far from elevator/stair lobbies.  As it was near the end of the hall it should be low traffic location.  So, that all predicts a quiet cabin, right?  No such luck.  We had noisy neighbors both beside and above us. It sounded like they let their children jump on and off the bed/sofa plus loud kid voices.  The walls and ceiling vibrated.  It started at about 5 to 5:30 am daily plus intermittently through the day.  It turned out to be one of the loudest cabins ever.  You never know.