Captain night/Gala Night

love2cruise72

This is our 1st time on a Carnival cruise (Splendor). Does Carnival have Captain Night or Gala Night? Is so, is it mandatory that gentleman use suit and tie or tuxedo? I would hate to over pack our suit case if they don't do so.

hi

If you chose to dress up you would not feel out of place as many do, but formal wear is not required.

have a great cruise

Carnival's dress code can be found here:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1093/~/what-to-wear---evenings

There is at least one formal evening on most sailings.

Mileage may vary in terms of enforcement. Some lines will turn you away if you are not in a jacket and tie (Cunard), but Carnival is certainly not one of them. "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem!" might be a facetious and slightly unfair way to put it.

So if you are wondering what to pack and do not want to appear on the formal evening wearing sandals with socks, cargo shorts, a fanny pack and a t-shirt with the latest port of call on it, then may I suggest just packing one of your suit jackets, or a blazer, a pair of leather shoes, and some slacks. You can probably leave the tie at home.

If you wanted to dial it up from there then a light colored suit (like light grey) and a more colorful shirt and tie might work. But you can certainly forget about dark suits and tuxedos.

We've done everything from slacks with a polo for him and slacks & nice top for me to tuxedo for him & long gown for me. You'll fit in either way, as there's a pretty good mix of people going each way on their dress.