Whats the salt?!

malchancock

Hi this may sound a silly question but !!.

Does anyone know what type of salt is served in MDR?. I prefere for various reasons Sea salt over normal table salt. I know that normal table salt is slightly cheaper than sea salt so I'll assume that is what is used normaly on board. But does anyone know if Sea salt is available in MDR's???.

Regards

Malc

In my experience of cruise food (not P&O yet) you will not need to add salt to the food. It is often over-salted for my taste (and I was a child of the 60s when salt was ubiquitous).

I have had to leave a few dishes on cruise ships because they were too salty (and I can eat Marmite by the spoonful).

Hi this may sound a silly question but !!.

Does anyone know what type of salt is served in MDR?. I prefere for various reasons Sea salt over normal table salt. I know that normal table salt is slightly cheaper than sea salt so I'll assume that is what is used normaly on board. But does anyone know if Sea salt is available in MDR's???.

Regards

Malc

I don't know if sea salt would be available. You could try asking on board. However if they do not have it, and you haven't taken any ,you would be left with the normal salt. When they have had to put out the little sachets they are normal salt, from what I remember.

All salt is simply sodium chloride. There may be some iodine in the crystals, but this is tasteless. The only difference is that sea salt crystals are larger than mined salt crystals so you get a bigger salt hit. Flavours can be added to salt e.g. 'smoky salt' but then you would be able to taste the difference.

Mr P ,it isn't that important so please don't miss read my post .

Thanks for for everyone else's info, just that I prefere sea salt over 'normal 'salt & just wondered if it was aavailable & yes I always taste before adding.

Mr P ,it isn't that important so please don't miss read my post .

Thanks for for everyone else's info, just that I prefere sea salt over 'normal 'salt & just wondered if it was aavailable & yes I always taste before adding.

Oops! Very sorry, I thought I was being helpful, but I can understand why you thought differently from my badly chosen wording, didn't mean to offend