Price drop question

MY PVP applied a price drop for me yesterday. I got $20 off fare and $50 OBC. Not much but I'll take what I can get. :) I noticed today the fare has dropped another $20 but no OBC. If I call to get it changed to the new fare will I lose my OBC?

If the new rate doesn't include a promotional OBC, you would have your fare adjusted down $20, but you would lose the $50 promotional OBC, so the net would be an increase to you.

As an example, we booked a fare that was $3,015 for 3 in a spa room, which included $45 OBC. When the rate dropped to $2,915, we took the price drop and lost the OBC, our net decrease was only $55 because of the loss of the OBC.

Where do you find the form?

Call center employees soon, will no longer be able to adjust prices for Early Saver promos. Everyone would be required to fill out that form.

http://www.carnival.com/core/requestforms/priceprotection.aspx

They are trying to cut down on long wait times and high volume of callers requesting price matching.

Edited by KoalaWala

Call center employees soon, will no longer be able to adjust prices for Early Saver promos. Everyone would be required to fill out that form.

http://www.carnival.com/core/requestforms/priceprotection.aspx

They are trying to cut down on long wait times and high volume of callers requesting price matching.

Where did you hear that? When you say call center, would that also be PVPs too?

Where did you hear that? When you say call center, would that also be PVPs too?

I am not who you were asking but I have been told the last time I tried to call in and get a price drop I was told, No, fill out the form because they are no longer doing them over the phone.

TI was able to get the price drop over the phone because the price form web page was down.

A PVP is different than a CS Rep. I still don't understand why one would have to call their PVP to get a price drop, just fill out the form.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

MY PVP applied a price drop for me yesterday. I got $20 off fare and $50 OBC. Not much but I'll take what I can get. :) I noticed today the fare has dropped another $20 but no OBC. If I call to get it changed to the new fare will I lose my OBC?

Keep what you have. Your price you have now is better since the new promo has no obc.

Example: Price of cruise before taxes is $400 with obc...you must match to a price lower than $350.

If today you are seeing $380 without an obc then that is $30 MORE than the rate you have.

Yesterday I filled out the form and they denied it, saying the current price was more than my booked fare (even though it wasn't). So I called my PVP and he did it no problem.

Thanks everyone, I'll just hold onto this one and keep watching.

Are you positive you kept the obc because you should not be able to keep the obc if the newer price has no obc because without the obc the price is higher than what you were booked at.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

I've never tried the price reduction before, so I also have questions. Our original price for our May trip was $2493.88 with a $100.00 OBC. I just check and I can get the same cabin category, same deck, etc. for $2363.88 but no OBC listed. So it looks like I would have a slight benefit of about $30.00, as I would probably lose the OBC, correct? Also, since the trip is already paid for, would they just credit that back to my credit card?

Edited by Dizzneefan

I've never tried the price reduction before, so I also have questions. Our original price for our May trip was $2493.88 with a $100.00 OBC. I just check and I can get the same cabin category, same deck, etc. for $2363.88 but no OBC listed. So it looks like I would have a slight benefit of about $30.00, as I would probably lose the OBC, correct? Also, since the trip is already paid for, would they just credit that back to my credit card?

No! If your cruise is paid off any money that would be refunded is in the form of OBC. So you would still have OBC but only in the form of your over payment.