Infinity room 1130

compliance

Warning the sound from the cinema on deck 12 is annoying, also at times

The noise from the film Clashes with the music in the Ocean Bar

we have been driven in doors as the verandah becomes unusable.

With the doors shut the room is quiet.

• 7 months later...
Warning the sound from the cinema on deck 12 is annoying, also at times

The noise from the film Clashes with the music in the Ocean Bar

we have been driven in doors as the verandah becomes unusable.

With the doors shut the room is quiet.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced movie "noise issues" while on Infinity deck 11 A1 cabins?

Thanks in advance

I had cabin 1122 AQ 1 last May. I called guest relations and complained. No peace and quiet on your balcony. Lady in the cabin next to us complained as well. When I booked this cabin the movies were not in place. I would not pay extra for these cabins again. I am noise sensitive and use my balcony a lot. It might not bother some.

Just off the Infinity (1130) and was also forced indoors because of the booming volume of the big screen television above on deck 12. Unfortunately I could still hear the bass inside with the slider closed. I called guest services to complain. They said they would have the volume lowered. There was no change in volume. I will no longer place these "coveted" deck 11 aquas at the top of my wish list. The live music could not be enjoyed at the Oceanview Bar either because the tv could be heard in the background. I completed my post-cruise survey today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As others have reported, on our S America cruise in Jan 2017, we too had noise conflicts from the deck 12 movie theater/Sunday football game sounds while attempting to enjoy our 1130 balcony. The thing is, the volume was so loud, I'm not sure how those on deck 12 could stand it. There is no reason for the volume to be this loud. Since it was too cold and exposed while sailing, this only occurred when we were in port, affecting us just a couple of times, as we were generally off enjoying the scenery.

As others have reported, on our S America cruise in Jan 2017, we too had noise conflicts from the deck 12 movie theater/Sunday football game sounds while attempting to enjoy our 1130 balcony. The thing is, the volume was so loud, I'm not sure how those on deck 12 could stand it. There is no reason for the volume to be this loud. Since it was too cold and exposed while sailing, this only occurred when we were in port, affecting us just a couple of times, as we were generally off enjoying the scenery.

Hmmmm...we are booked in 1140 for the May 2 Panama Canal trip and this news is very concerning. I have been on other ships with huge movie screens and hated being driven away to quieter areas due to the obscenely loud volume used. I would not be a happy camper if I lost the quiet serenity of an aft cabin balcony! Please tell me this isn't so!! When was the screen installed on Infinity? Seriously thinking we may need to reconsider our cabin.

Hmmmm...we are booked in 1140 for the May 2 Panama Canal trip and this news is very concerning. I have been on other ships with huge movie screens and hated being driven away to quieter areas due to the obscenely loud volume used. I would not be a happy camper if I lost the quiet serenity of an aft cabin balcony! Please tell me this isn't so!! When was the screen installed on Infinity? Seriously thinking we may need to reconsider our cabin.

Sorry for the negative report. As I said, because of the chilly temps of our South America itinerary, the area wasn't in use while we sailed; only when at port. So it was a problem for only a small portion of the time. On a warm weather itinerary, I would be concerned that it would be in use even while sailing, thus affecting you and your quiet serenity much more often. It's too bad, it's a lovely location with great views, a huge balcony, and easy access to the bar below. Other than the noise from above, we loved the cabin and it's location.

Oh, and I made a mistake. We were in 1140, not 1130.

The deck 12 outdoor seating/movie theatre area on Infinity was installed in December of 2015, just before our Jan 3, 2016 cruise.

Edited by scottam

Thanks for all the replies, although obviously was hoping for better news....booked for pacific coastal and now thinking of changing cabins. Too bad as really like the location, but if you can't enjoy the balcony what's the point. Just curious - how late did the noise go on for each night?

mitz18 - "Thanks for all the replies, although obviously was hoping for better news....booked for pacific coastal and now thinking of changing cabins. Too bad as really like the location, but if you can't enjoy the balcony what's the point. Just curious - how late did the noise go on for each night?"

I am waiting to hear an answer on this too as we are in 1140 on the May 2 Panama Canal cruise.

Paul, it was nice to meet you. Sorry to hear that. I wondered as I could hear the rooftop TV one night down on my FV 8181 balcony.

Likewise Christine! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. It was still a nice getaway even with the annoying tv and missed ports. I am thinking the next one will be back on an S-Class ship or to another line. Happy Holidays!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums