Star Baja Balconies

SCHappilyRetired

I have just booked an Alaska cruise and have a balcony cabin on Baja. Princess states they are partially covered balconies. I didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling from the rep. Is that in fact true? If not, what decks have a fully covered balcony? Thank you in advance.

I have just booked an Alaska cruise and have a balcony cabin on Baja. Princess states they are partially covered balconies. I didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling from the rep. Is that in fact true? If not, what decks have a fully covered balcony? Thank you in advance.

Google Princess Star and click on images. It looked to me like all the balcony's are only partly covered. My DW isn't too happy about this, even tho we are on the Lido in L202. I have seen a thread here that talks about covering the balcony, so other can't look down on you. I guess we wouldn't have this problem if we weren't nudist:eek:

Where do you see that Princess states that Baja deck balconies are only partially covered on the Star? On the Star and other Grand class ships the Aloha deck balconies are the same depth and fully cover Baja deck balconies from view by Aloha deck balconies above. The Caribe deck balconies are larger and you be able to see part of those balconies if you look straight down.

Being covered only means that you are not visible from above. The Aloha deck balcony above is about 10 feet above you balcony and your balcony is only 5 feet deep. Many times during a cruise you will actually have partial or full sun on your "covered" balcony. In addition, if it is raining, you might have rain on your balcony depending upon the direction and strength of the wind and/or the direction you are sailing.

Where do you see that Princess states that Baja deck balconies are only partially covered on the Star? On the Star and other Grand class ships the Aloha deck balconies are the same depth and fully cover Baja deck balconies from view by Aloha deck balconies above. The Caribe deck balconies are larger and you be able to see part of those balconies if you look straight down.

Being covered only means that you are not visible from above. The Aloha deck balcony above is about 10 feet above you balcony and your balcony is only 5 feet deep. Many times during a cruise you will actually have partial or full sun on your "covered" balcony. In addition, if it is raining, you might have rain on your balcony depending upon the direction and strength of the wind and/or the direction you are sailing.

I agree. There's absolutely no way any site, including Princess, would say that Baja deck balconies were partially covered. Only a site or person who has never been on a Grand-class Princess ship or doesn't know what they're doing would say or imply that they're partially covered. I would seriously question any source that says they are.

As said, they are 5' deep and fully covered. This means that they aren't very deep and aren't really protected from sun and rain, depending on the time of day and direction the ship is sailing.

I stated a "rep from Princess" stated Baja was partially covered balcony. As "I said" I didn't get the feeling the rep was correct, hence my question. I do not have a concern of the sun/rain, only that someone would not be able to look down on our balcony. Thank you!

I agree. There's absolutely no way any site, including Princess, would say that Baja deck balconies were partially covered. Only a site or person who has never been on a Grand-class Princess ship or doesn't know what they're doing would say or imply that they're partially covered. I would seriously question any source that says they are.

As said, they are 5' deep and fully covered. This means that they aren't very deep and aren't really protected from sun and rain, depending on the time of day and direction the ship is sailing.

Evidently, the "Princess rep" was incorrect in her statement. Hence, my post. Thank you!

I stated a "rep from Princess" stated Baja was partially covered balcony. As "I said" I didn't get the feeling the rep was correct, hence my question. I do not have a concern of the sun/rain, only that someone would not be able to look down on our balcony. Thank you!

Your balcony will still be visible from the Bridge and/or the sides of Skywalkers and also the CTV cameras used for security.

Edited by caribill