Msc balcony cabin

Laughing cavalier

Hi all, I'm due to cruise on the Msc divina in May and wondered if anyone had stayed in the balcony stateroom on deck 13 cupido number 13104, I've heard that it's a connecting cabin & im a bit worried about the configuration. Also as this will be my very first cruise have I been allocated a good cabin in terms of no overhang from lifeboats or around the dining area, just slightly anxious. Please if anyone's got pictures of the cabin I'd be grateful if I can see them.. Thank you

Edited by Laughing cavalier

Hi all, I'm due to cruise on the Msc divina in May and wondered if anyone had stayed in the balcony stateroom on deck 13 cupido number 13104, I've heard that it's a connecting cabin & im a bit worried about the configuration. Also as this will be my very first cruise have I been allocated a good cabin in terms of no overhang from lifeboats or around the dining area, just slightly anxious. Please if anyone's got pictures of the cabin I'd be grateful if I can see them.. Thank you

If it is a connecting cabin try to change it.

I will ask for the cabin to be changed, may I ask what the issues are with a connecting stateroom?? U have actually confirmed my anxiety about having a connecting cabin. Does anyone have any suggestions about which balcony cabin on the same deck without an obstruction from lifeboats will be suitable. I'm really really anxious. I know this will be a complete disaster.

I will ask for the cabin to be changed, may I ask what the issues are with a connecting stateroom?? U have actually confirmed my anxiety about having a connecting cabin. Does anyone have any suggestions about which balcony cabin on the same deck without an obstruction from lifeboats will be suitable. I'm really really anxious. I know this will be a complete disaster.

There will be more noise and also get away from deck 13, noise from pool deck.

I will ask for the cabin to be changed, may I ask what the issues are with a connecting stateroom?? U have actually confirmed my anxiety about having a connecting cabin. I'm really really anxious. I know this will be a complete disaster.

People don't like connecting cabins because there is the possibility your neighbors could be noisy. This is also true when cabins don't connect, however. I have cruised many times in a connecting cabin and there were no problems. Don't be really, really anxious. This is a vacation, relax. How will it be a complete disaster? Do you like eating, drinking, swimming, sunning, watching shows, listening to bands? Then, you will have a wonderful time. :):)

Hi Maureen cruiser,

I went back to my travel agents and asked for a cabin change, MSC were called on the phone whilst I was in the shop & although they have agreed to change the cabin the rep on the phone also said that cabins are not really assigned to passengers until embarkation. I will be travelling on August 6th from Miami instead of May that way we can have a 14 day cruise as opposed to a 7day one. This is my first cruise and everyday I wake up thinking of ways I could cancel as I'm really apprehensive about it. However if I do this my mother won't be able to go. The reviews are so off putting. Thank you once again for your reply. Did I mention that this will be my first EVER cruise.

Wow, a 14 nighter for your first cruise! The good thing about that is you will have plenty of time to relax into the ship, learn your way around, get to know the staff. Is it your Mom's first cruise, as well?

So, you are doing a guarantee cabin, that's when you don't get to pick your cabin, they assign you one. Did you ask the TA (travel agent) how much more it would be to pick your own cabin? Often, there's not much difference, when you divide it out per day. Then, you can make sure it is in a good location. The biggest thing you want to avoid is being under a public area, like a dining room. Plates and silverware will start dropping (seemingly on your head) at around 5am and chairs will start scraping around 6am.

I've done plenty of guarantees in my cruising life, as well, if the cost really is that different. Have you joined the roll call for your cruise? I take the review section of CC with a grain of salt, since most of them are written by one post wonders, people who join for 5 minutes just to tell you how terrible it is and then never return. I pay more attention to the regular posters who write photo reviews of the ships, because they are putting hours of effort into it and they tend to have a stronger presence here on CC. Plus, you get a sense of their personality, you can decide how they are as a person and then see how they react to things on their cruise. Are they similar to you or very dissimilar to you?

You can also see their pictures and assess for yourself what you see. If they complain everybody was 100 years old, but, in their pictures, you see laughing, smiling 40 year olds with children, something's up. They say the ship is a mess, but, their pictures show a sparkling, gleaming beauty? That kind of thing. Read what they say, but, also look at what they don't say. I've been on Divina twice and going back in 5 weeks, is there anything you want me to look for? Happy cruising! :D

I just reread your post, I see you're sailing in August. A few things about that, it will be REALLY, REALLY hot in the Caribbean then, it's roasting in February, you can imagine August. If you're OK with that, be aware that since it is school vacation, two things happen. Because of supply and demand, prices are higher. And, guess what? There are more kids on the ship! Especially on MSC since kids cruise free. So, if you're OK with that or your schedule dictates that you have to go then, I understand.

I prefer to cruise in the spring and, especially the fall. Most parents won't pull their kids out of school in Sept or Oct to go on a cruise, so, less kids, lower prices and not quite as scorching hot. If you can wait till Sept, you might be able to afford a regular cabin, not a guarantee. Just a thought.

Hi Maureen,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I have to holiday during the six weeks holiday as I'm a Teacher and can't really cruise any other time. I'm still very anxious about all of the negative reviews, but felt better once I'd read your response to my post.. Thank you!! When I went to the travel agents to enquire about a Caribbean cruise, they suggested MSC, I'd never heard of them before. It was sold to me that my mum & I would both have a really good time so we booked. We booked a balcony B2 stateroom and initially they assigned number 13104 which was directly under the restaurants, this I did not know until I looked at CC and was advised to change it immediately, it was then I went back to the travel agents and asked for a change of room. My mum hasn't cruised before either, but she's so looking forward to it. We have paid £2,399 each for a 14 night 15 day cruise to the Caribbean flying from the UK to Miami. It's quite a jaunt and all I'm reading about are negative reviews about staff food and information once onboard. I'm 57 and my mother is 80 so we are not spring chickens, we just want a relaxing holiday & we chose this one. Thank you for support Maureen And all the info. ive requested stateroom 11270 as I saw it on YouTube maybe we'll get it maybe we won't, but if I can request a stateroom which one would you consider to be appropriate?? Thank you

Relax, we have been on over 15 cruises and the one on MSC was our very favorite by far. We sailed on her 2 years ago and we still can't stop talking about it or thinking about it. This is simply a very special, gorgeous, sparkling clean, incredibly fun ship! You will love it!

I can't get the website to let me look at it as a 14 day trip, is 11270 available on both legs? If it is, how much more to upgrade and just book that? An aft balcony is the best! If you can find one on deck 10, they are bigger than the other decks. I looked at the week of Aug 6th and none on deck 10 seemed available. Since you're doing a B2B, (back to back), as a guarantee, are you going to have to change cabins at the end of the week?

I stayed in 12104 and had friends in 12102. We had the door unlocked and at night I'd close it. Never heard a beep out of them when the door was closed. As far as staying in 13104, I would not do it for 2 reasons: there is a broad overhang and very limited sun reaches deck 13 balconies and you are directly under the Aqua Park and Poseidon Bar... a lot of noise might be coming your way.

Edited by Fighterone