Riviera 4/3 to 4/11 ?? Where will she be?

RJB

Looking at website can not find where Rivera will be. Dry dock? It is 8 days. Like she will vanish. Then the crossing. Will they take her out of service for a very deep cleaning? Does anyone know?

Looking at website can not find where Rivera will be. Dry dock? It is 8 days. Like she will vanish. Then the crossing. Will they take her out of service for a very deep cleaning? Does anyone know?

My goodness... yes.

Are they *finally* going to do a serious deep clean, including all pipes and difficult to access areas?

It would be great to know something like that was being done, finally.

(Yes, yes, we understand people can come aboard sick and all that. But "all that" should be happening approximately as frequently as on other ships stopping at similar ports.)

Let us know what you find out.

And "if so", I sure hope the crew is given time OFF to recover, and not expected to work almost round the clock on whatever is being done!

It is doing two 4 night charters.We are on from 4/3 to 4/7 from Miami to San Juan and the next cruise does the opposite run.We stop in the Dominican Republic and St Thomas.It should be easier on the crew as I was told that there would only be 625 people per cruise.I think that is true as we have one of our dinners for the entire group,in the MDR.The first two nights are in the specialty restaurants and the final evening is dinner up on deck.I would assume that is a buffet.Hope this helps.

Edited by johnmik1

I do hope this is the case. We are about to take our first Oceania cruise in early May and I have been following the 'Code Red on Riviera' thread on Cruise Critic since it began! I feel I should not have strayed from Seabourn as we have never had a problem with them!

It is doing two 4 night charters.We are on from 4/3 to 4/7 from Miami to San Juan and the next cruise does the opposite run.We stop in the Dominican Republic and St Thomas.It should be easier on the crew as I was told that there would only be 625 people per cruise.I think that is true as we have one of our dinners for the entire group,in the MDR.The first two nights are in the specialty restaurants and the final evening is dinner up on deck.I would assume that is a buffet.Hope this helps.

Pretty neat. Who would be chartering a whole ship? Any room for me. I will take my chances with noro.

Somebody with a lot of money!

Well, since you are on this cruise can you tell us who this person or company with a lot of money is? You must know who is paying for your cruise. Lucky you. Can you get me an invite? Have a great time.

Well, since you are on this cruise can you tell us who this person or company with a lot of money is? You must know who is paying for your cruise. Lucky you. Can you get me an invite? Have a great time.

I do and I won't.Sorry

Someone also posted in another thread that Riviera was chartered by "Bliss" a swingers group.

Just googled bliss and it came back as an anti ageing cream. ??? Someone trying to fool us?

Someone also posted in another thread that Riviera was chartered by "Bliss" a swingers group.

I can guarantee you that this charter is the farthest thing from a swingers group that you will ever find.Think Fortune 100.

I misspoke, I checked the Oceania thread that "Bliss" was mentioned in and that sailing was for another cruise line. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Wren3

I can guarantee you that this charter is the farthest thing from a swingers group that you will ever find.Think Fortune 100.

Yup, makes a lot more sense. Thought that post about swingers was a joke. If for real maybe my BW would let me go? Another joke. But being real it would be nice to be on Riviera with only 625 people. No crowds, no waiting etc. I am jealous. Have a great time.

Yup, makes a lot more sense. Thought that post about swingers was a joke. If for real maybe my BW would let me go? Another joke. But being real it would be nice to be on Riviera with only 625 people. No crowds, no waiting etc. I am jealous. Have a great time.

Thanks!I am sure you can understand my reasons for being descreit about the company involved.We return home for 9 days and then embark Regal Princess for the passage to Copenhagen on 4/17 followed with a week in Europe.Lots of planning with flights and hotels.

Thanks!I am sure you can understand my reasons for being descreit about the company involved.We return home for 9 days and then embark Regal Princess for the passage to Copenhagen on 4/17 followed with a week in Europe.Lots of planning with flights and hotels.

i want your job

......... would be nice to be on Riviera with only 625 people. No crowds, no waiting etc. I am jealous. .

Come on our sailing ...EVERY category has openings and we leave in under 4 weeks ...

4/25/16

Come on our sailing ...EVERY category has openings and we leave in under 4 weeks ...

4/25/16

Looks good, but we have done most of these already and will do some again in July when it is a little warmer. All wonderful ports and I am sure you will have a great time. :):):)

So, Can your fortune 100 company with a lot of money cure the Noro. I am sure they will be quite unhappy if the code red continues. Someone with billions probably expects much more than us peons. Or maybe we all expect pretty much the same things. Hope the ship finally gets cleaned since after your charter the rest of us will be sailing again. Have a safe trip with all the sickness gone.