Thoughts on Norwegian Gem

karmac

great pix, it's too bad can't be in tortola longer but will make the most of it while we are there.

Sorry, I don't recall anything about wine classes (which doesn't mean there weren't any). There were poolside BBQs on some of the sea days. We love sea days, and we were certainly never bored.

As for Tortola, with the short time there, we opted for NCL's Norman Island Snorkel excursion. It was terrific. A fairly small group and an excellent tour operator. They took us to the Indians, which is a popular snorkel spot, as well as to Norman Island.

Fish%20Fight%202%201024x592_zpsggzzkpak.jpg

Big%20silver%20fish%202%201024x807_zpshyhljlpj.jpg

(photos by turtles06)

• 2 weeks later...

RCL sails out of cape Liberty NJ. ( 20 minute cab from Manhattan. RCL is a much better Cruise line. NCL is winning the race to the bottom. I am going in the summer out of obligation to family and already it starts with having to make dinner reservations because we are an above average size group with 8 of us. There is no set dining time so getting premium time for dinner is a chore.The drink package is $30 US more than any other cruise line plus 18% gratuity automatically added ( Most add 15% so thats not out of the range). A cruise is what you make of it and you can have a good time on any ship. My son won't be joining us he will be down under in Sydney for the summer.

Edited by lecky

No not a miserable cruiser just some one who knows how it was to how it is now. With udp now all u have is a bunch of drunk people walking around loud ,arrogant ,puking in the pools and hot tubs ,and elevators . One guy pooped in the pool on the gem because he was so drunk .Did u forget those events ?The dummies who can`t figure out how NCL is paying for the drunks to drink are PLAIN dumb . Prices gone up on everything and food gotten real cheap . But your a expert I see.

It's not the ship that is the problem it is the cruise line. NCL is in first place in the race to the bottom. Carnival is a nicer line and they are the lowest end of the spectrum

My wife and I recently returned from our 5th trip on the Gem and it was our best yet! :)

We met some great people, laughed a lot, ate too much, drank too much and slept too little! :p

The staff was amazing, the ship was spotless and the weather was nearly perfect... what more could you ask for!

Happy cruising!