FLL hotel for family of 4 after cruise

Uchylisa

We are staying the night in FLL and catching our flight home at noon the next day. We are a family of mom and dad plus an 18 year old son and 10 year old daughter. Would love 3 beds and something close to beach/water taxi that we could enjoy on Sunday afternoon and then an easy way to get to airport the next day for a noon flight out. Any suggestions? Don't want to spend a ton because we will only get to enjoy it for Sunday afternoon.

thanks in advance.

I too am on a similar search but for a family of 5 so I am looking for 4 beds. The best choices I have come across are the Embassy Suite you can get 2 doubles with a pull out sofa or the Gallery One 2 bedroom/2 bath. At the Embassy Suites we would have to get 2 rooms which made the Gallery One more affordable.

The Embassy suites has a free decent breakfast but the Gallery One is on the water taxi route.

Others here suggest the Hyatt on 17th next to the Embassy Suites.

I'm sure there will be more opinions but that appears to be the best I've some across so far.

There are some extended stay hotels (Homewood Suites, Etc.) near the FLL airport that could easily fit all of you and would be cheaper than hotels closer to the beach.

Are you renting a car for the day?:confused: I would.

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info - start searching there.

Edited by JohninDC

My first choice would be the Gallery One Doubletree.

That time of year you could hotwire two rooms for a great rate.

Edited to add: I just looked on Hotwire and there are some fantastic rates on hotels for Sunday, June 19th.

Edited by BlueHerons

Thanks for the advice. WE booked a 2 queen plus hide a bed too at Gallery one.

We are already staying at the Embassy suites prior to the cruise, so this will give nice variety.

Great. Uber is alive an well in Ft Lauderdale, so you can use that as an alternative to taxis. Taxi to hotel will be about $20 and to airport about $25-30. Usually cheaper on Uber. You might need a taxi van for your luggage. Call 954-777-7777 to request one from Yellow Cab.

There is a PF Changs at the mall a block from the Gallery One...always good for a family meal. :)

Edited by royalcruz

I love Uber! That's a great idea to call ahead and pre arrange a taxi van for going to the airport that way we can all be together. We have my in laws as well. Do you think we could get something to fit 6 people and 6 suitcases?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love Uber! That's a great idea to call ahead and pre arrange a taxi van for going to the airport that way we can all be together. We have my in laws as well. Do you think we could get something to fit 6 people and 6 suitcases?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I think a taxi van will be big enough for 6, but you can ask the cab company when you call. I have done a taxi van in other cities with 6 people.

Edited by royalcruz