Makeup Case

NesiMarie

I have a large makeup case that I keep all my nail polish and nail stuff in. I would prefer to bring it all, but since the box is some kind of metal I was worried about it not going through if I just put it with my luggage. Has anyone brought one? It looks something like this and is about 12 inches tall by 14 inches long

box.jpg.ac6296e81df47292d58d61701910fc5e.jpg

The ship doesn't have the "liquid" rule like airlines do...you can put your stuff in ANYTHING!

If you're flying, all liquids will have to be in a qt. zip-loc bag in your carryon.

That's not quite true - all liquids that you are CARRYING ON have to be in teh quart bag. And you are only allowed a certain amount of liquids.

Are you planning on doing your nails daily to match outfits?

Go with something neutral like a French or American manicure.

I would not bring it...do your nails before you leave...My nails are always polished and it is my thing.. My nails have been done religiously for 16 years, every 2 weeks at least, and I might bring one bottle for touch-ups along with nail glue if I get a tear. (Been doing my nails nonstop since my first date with my husband...awwww)

Look into Vera Bradley makeup bags, soft sided, squish able but padded. I swear by them...counter space is limited in bathrooms, and usually, unless in a suite, only one small desk. Do you want to tie up that much space?

Here is another thing to think about...nail polish does not smell all that good, and it stinks up a small room fairly easily...I only do my nails in well ventilated spaces. Will you have the ability in your room to do that?

I would prefer not to bring it all, I am, by no means a "girly girl" but my husband really does love it when my nails are done. For some reason they just chip easily, not sure if it's because it's just my real nails or what, even super expensive polish doesn't last. I can probably just bring a few things. I do have a Vera make up bag. Love it. Another though though, will they take issue with me bringing nail polish remover?

You'll have no problem bringing nail polish remover though I personally use the remover wipes as they're easy to carry and there's less of a chance of something spilling. I use L.A. Colors brand, they have fruity scents so there's also less smell, but as long as you're in a balcony or above smell isn't an issue if you open the balcony doors.

As for all the makeup I think you might find that it becomes cumbersome especially if you plan on buying things to take home. I like makeup too, and use it regularly but mineral powder, eyeliner, and mascara are about all I carry...maybe an eye-shadow or two.

Edited by xenagurl

I would prefer not to bring it all, I am, by no means a "girly girl" but my husband really does love it when my nails are done. For some reason they just chip easily, not sure if it's because it's just my real nails or what, even super expensive polish doesn't last. I can probably just bring a few things. I do have a Vera make up bag. Love it. Another though though, will they take issue with me bringing nail polish remover?
Instead of bring all your nail polish, why not just get a gel manicure before you go (you can get a groupon coupon for one that is really inexpensive). I get them when I travel, they don't chip and last the duration of my cruise. If you did this, you wouldn't have to bring nail polish or nail polish remover.

Talk about high maintenance,wow!

How many colors do you need for a one week cruise,lets see 10 toes, 10 fingers and a couple of bunions and two horns equals 24 colors times 7 days = 168 colors.

And when do you plan on eating.

And don't you get high off the fumes.

Edited by FranknBeans

As was said by others, you can get a manicure before you go. The other girls in my group did just that. BUT, everytime I go I plan to change colors, just for the fun of it and never get around to it. My last trip I finally did, every other day I changed polish colors to match my outfits. Made me feel good. Besides it was probably the only time I would have enough time to change colors and be fashionable.

Sally Hansen gel manicures. I swear by them . They don't last as long as a salon manicure but it's so much less damaging to your nails and hands (no light required) and soooo much cheaper! Just bring the color, the top coat and a travel size remover and you're good for a week. My color chips easily too on my natural,nails so I like to have it with me for touch ups. (Plus sand does a number on the toes!)