Will special offers change on 1st April?

Indeed and why do they only go out to end 2016?

I know - the frustration is definitely there that once we book, that's it - whereas in the US there is the possibility of taking advantage of price drops and generally being able to shuffle everything around to suit.

I know - the frustration is definitely there that once we book, that's it - whereas in the US there is the possibility of taking advantage of price drops and generally being able to shuffle everything around to suit.

Which is why I took the decision to book with a US agent. However I am still keeping my eyes peeled for a better deal:)

Going on my first proper cruise next April and booked a US agent last Friday night. The experience has been ok so far! Ultimately I love the fact that I have banked a 30% saving and I still have to the ability to chop and change if a better deal come up before my final payment which is due 1st Jan 17.

Going on my first proper cruise next April and booked a US agent last Friday night. The experience has been ok so far! Ultimately I love the fact that I have banked a 30% saving and I still have to the ability to chop and change if a better deal come up before my final payment which is due 1st Jan 17.

I think I know what that means.;):)

We would want to take the premium package for drinks, as the select barely covers any wine - we do like a frozen cocktail or two 😉

Hi I just found out on another thread that the select package covers all wines up to $8 which as you say is not very many but what I didn't know is that if you choose a wine at say $9 or $12 you only pay the extra cost ie, $1 and $4 plus 18% tip. Where as for the alcoholic cocktails you pay the full amount which is what I thought happened with the wine over $8.

Hi I just found out on another thread that the select package covers all wines up to $8 which as you say is not very many but what I didn't know is that if you choose a wine at say $9 or $12 you only pay the extra cost ie, $1 and $4 plus 18% tip. Where as for the alcoholic cocktails you pay the full amount which is what I thought happened with the wine over $8.

I clocked that too - definitely food for thought!!! The OBC could cover quite a few upgraded glasses of wine 😉

With the Select package, you only pay the difference for wines over $8.

Do you mean just the difference, no additional gratuity?

It depends if the listed prices already include gratuity. Cruises based out of some ports (I believe UK is one) have the gratuity built into the listed prices, and in that case, no extra gratuity would be added.

However, if you are cruising out of a US port, where the listed prices are pre-gratuity, then you will pay 18% on top of the difference.

It depends if the listed prices already include gratuity. Cruises based out of some ports (I believe UK is one) have the gratuity built into the listed prices, and in that case, no extra gratuity would be added.

However, if you are cruising out of a US port, where the listed prices are pre-gratuity, then you will pay 18% on top of the difference.

Cheers, wouldn't be quibbling over a few cents anyway - good to know there are differences though! Our previous European cruises have been Fly Cruise rather than sailing out of Southampton, so we are used to the 18% gratuity no matter where we are - will be different for us this time :-)

Cheers, wouldn't be quibbling over a few cents anyway - good to know there are differences though! Our previous European cruises have been Fly Cruise rather than sailing out of Southampton, so we are used to the 18% gratuity no matter where we are - will be different for us this time :-)

Cheers, and someday I hope we get to cruise out of the UK.:)

Apparently lots of my FB group have managed to get upgrades when the price has dropped. So for example if they have a guaranteed interior and then the price of a balcony cabin drops they can pay the difference(only before final payment). This happened to me on our Navigator cruise-we were upgraded for free from an interior to a balcony when I rang and said I would cancel,lose my deposit and book with P&O!!

Apparently lots of my FB group have managed to get upgrades when the price has dropped. So for example if they have a guaranteed interior and then the price of a balcony cabin drops they can pay the difference(only before final payment). This happened to me on our Navigator cruise-we were upgraded for free from an interior to a balcony when I rang and said I would cancel,lose my deposit and book with P&O!!

Will need to keep an eye on it then!!! Had already planned to be more on the ball with prices than our last cruise booking, so will keep monitoring :-)