Oasis class stateroom question. All opinions are welcome.

We had a boardwalk balcony on the Oasis this past November, and loved, loved, it. We didn't notice any noise issues. We could also see the ocean from our balcony as well as watch the diving show from our balcony. We are going on the Allure this year, and booked a boardwalk balcony again. You will be pleasantly surprised. Here are pics of our views.

oasis_zpshczn8po9.jpg

any takers? lol

I like the fact that you can look out onto the ocean from a balcony on the Oasis class, they feel cozy, and are wonderful for some quiet time. Looking at the inside balconies, they look so close together, like they are stacked and pushed together.

I do not think I could handle having to close my drapes when moving around in my cabin.

I have not stayed in an inside cabin, but have stayed in a outside balcony on the Oasis, it was a great two weeks.

We have done several OV balcony cruises and we may spend 10-15 minutes a day on the balcony. We much prefer exploring the ship.

We are doing our first interior balcony on Harmony next February and I think we will spend more time on this Boardwalk balcony people watching. We do have a far aft cabin so we will have some view of the ocean (if not too obstructed by the Abyss dry slide). Hopefully the noise inside of the cabin will not be too bad with the balcony door closed.

I say give the inside balcony a go. If you want romance close the curtains and get friendly with you girl ;);).

Edited by mooseman52b

Our first time on Allure, we tried a Boardwalk balcony, toward the aft so we could have views of both. We really didn't like it, but of course, that's personal choice. There was nonstop activity out there and just a glimpse of the ocean (as expected). We will not book another non-ocean view balcony but I almost think its something you need to try to know. For us, the balcony is a place for solitude and a quiet cup of coffee or evening cocktail...on a ship as busy and crowded as these, its nice to have a private escape.

i am a fan of the ocean, more so than people watching, so I sprung for the OV balcony when after I found a quasi good deal. Looking forward to it!!

Good choice. I don't go on vacation to settle. When I go I want what I want and if that is not an option, I wait longer until I can get what I want. I would not sail without a balcony and I have no desire to have an interior balcony as I keep hearing about the lack of moving air. Its like driving a convertible with the top up.

... The Boardwalk, even with the door closed, is too noisy for us whenever there are activities in the Aqua Theater...

We have stayed in a boardwalk balcony cabin as well as an outside balcony cabin on Oasis class and I will say that that the noise level is a consideration. ... RC has taken away a lot of ocean-viewing public space ... It's harder to find more peaceful areas to view the water, if that is important to you.

My two cents: I empathize with everything quoted above. My first cruise on Oasis was a suite where the deck-17 balcony overlooked the Boardwalk (which meant it also overlooked a lot of Boardwalk balconies). I enjoyed my distant view of the Boardwalk and Aquatheater activities (far above the din), but my lasting impression was that the Boardwalk almost always (during waking hours) has a lot of echo-y noise, and I absolutely would not want a balcony down there in the midst of that noise. Central Park at least has some acoustic cushioning with the live greenery and such, and in my experience (on both Oasis and Allure) was much quieter and more enjoyable.

If you need even occasional escapes from the noise, and if you at least occasionally want to enjoy the quiet and private serenity of the ocean you're sailing on for 90% of your cruise, just remember you may not be able to get either of those benefits unless you pay the price for an oceanview balcony.

Edited by Moonarino