Grande Case and Beach Time

Can anyone recommend a restaurant in Grande Case on the beach where we can have some beach time and a nice lunch? I was thinking we could go up early, around 10 a.m., play on the beach and then have a nice lunch before heading back to the ship.

Any suggestions?

Can anyone recommend a restaurant in Grande Case on the beach where we can have some beach time and a nice lunch? I was thinking we could go up early, around 10 a.m., play on the beach and then have a nice lunch before heading back to the ship.

Any suggestions?

Rainbow Cafe came highly recommended by a local. We are going there next month.

I will second the Rainbow Cafe. We rented a condo right next door to the Rainbow Cafe for a week this past January. The beach is the best in Grand Case!

You can use their lounge chairs and they will bring you drinks and food right to your lounger or you can move to a table for lunch. You could get a massage on the roof top that looked like fun.

There is a parking lot on their property if you are driving. Very nice folks that own it and nice folks working there and good food too! We ate several times there including lunch and snacks. Being right next door to our condo made it so easy!

Another one for Rainbow Cafe. We stayed in Grand Case for two nights pre cruise out of St. Maarten and this place was just a few door down. We had dinner there which was very good, but noticed during the day that although it wasn't crowded, there were people enjoying the water, drinks in the lounges or lunch there. I think you will be happy with this choice.

Le Soleil on the main Grand Case beach is a favorite of mine and as of last November they still had beach chairs with service on the beach which were free for customers. Another great choice is the restaurant at the Grand Case beach club which is on Petite Plage beach. These spots are a 10 minute walk from each other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We had a great day in Grand Case and thanks to all with their suggestions. We did go to Rainbow Cafe and had a great day using their chairs and umbrellas and topped it off with a fantastic lunch.

For those of you considering doing something like this:

Cab fare for two was $20 going $25 coming back. We went in a shared cab with some people going to Orient Beach so we had a stop there. Our trip was more like 25 minutes. Our cab driver said he would come back to pick us up but he didn't show. The people in the restaurant were more than happy to call a cab for us.

What was amazing to us was sitting there watching the number of boats that would come up, anchor and the passengers would get off and come to the restaurant for lunch. It was fun to watch them come and go.

The food was delicious but not cheap. We spent $80 for two lunches drinks. But, this included the use of the chairs and umbrellas.

We were back on the ship by around 2:30 but could have stayed longer if we had wanted to. Traffic wasn't an issue at this time.

Thanks again to all for helping us plan this outing.