Just back from ALLURE OF THE SEAS...any questions

I notice some specialty restaurants are open for lunch. Do they fill up, or are reservations necessary? It doesn't look like they can be pre-booked, like you can for dinner reservations.

Thanks!

Reservations are usually not necessary, we rarely see them filled at lunch.

I'm traveling on the Allure on 5/26 with my 4 year old daughter. I don't really drink so I wasn't considering buying the package with alcohol as I figured I would buy the drink of the day when I felt I wanted one. My question is:

1. Do I really need to buy any drink package at all?

2. Is it necessary for me to buy my daughter a drink package being that her

drinks of choice are milk, juice and water?

3. Has anyone ever not bought a drink package and just had the free stuff?

Not being cheap, I'm just trying to spend my money where it really needs to be spent. Airline and RC don't offer any type of discount for children so her fare is just as much as mine and my sister's.

Just to be clear, if you want soda/alcohol/specialty drinks etc, you don't need the drink package. The package is only if you will have multiple "not-free" drinks a day. I don't know the break even point for each package, but if you only want 1 or 2 a day, the package probably is not worth it.

We will be on board in a week, beyond excited and slightly nervous. First time on board, 12 months of planning and still feel unprepared.. My question, how smooth was the sailing? Wasn't sure what the weather at sea would be like. Thanks X

We will be on board in a week, beyond excited and slightly nervous. First time on board, 12 months of planning and still feel unprepared.. My question, how smooth was the sailing? Wasn't sure what the weather at sea would be like. Thanks X

You should not stress about the seas, as you can not change them. If you are worried make sure you take drugs from home for sea sickness as it is much cheaper than buying on board the ship. We were gone for two weeks and the roughest it got was 7 ft sweeps for an evening. If you want to see what the seas are like while you are on board go to Ocean Weather, and then select Current Marine Data, then click on the portion of the map that you are going to going to and and then you sill see the current wave heights.

http://www.oceanweather.com

If you hadn't seen my live review from Allure a few weeks ago check it out here. If might get you pumped even more.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2327226

Oh, please do not do what I did for our first couple of cruises. Over planned. Planning - there will always be something we did not need, wish we had brought, brought too much of, etc. That is just the way life is. Some of these Salty Dogs on here have it down to a science, but that is from years of cruising. Execute your plan for final preparations and departure and then prepare to be WOW'd. As many will tell you, the cruise will be as 'enjoyable' as each of us makes it. Enjoy it! Have a great time! Make some memories!

Very smooth sailing for the 20-27 March Western. Had a little wind/waves the evening we departed Cozumel, but it was very similar to the last time we departed that area. May be part of the region. Maybe lasted about 8 hours. Our stateroom being located Forward (Deck 10), it just rocks me to sleep at night. That being said, the Allure of the Seas is a VERY VERY stable platform. A majority of the time you will not even know you are moving. If you are concerned about motion sickness, then you may want to consider Transderm Scop (patches).

Have a GREAT Cruise!!

You'll have such a great time! I first went on the Allure last November, and after reading review after review that said "I couldn't feel I was on a ship! I didn't feel it rocking at all!", I was surprised to feel it swaying all week I was on. It was a gentle rocking that wasn't bothersome at all, and our seas were very calm all week.

Have not been on Allure yet (we sail in Sept) but have been on many cruises as we are Diamond, almost Diamond + members so we do have experience & my husband can get terribly sea sick & his cure for that is GINGER CAPSULES. He takes 2 about 30 minutes before we set sail & then he'll take 2 every 2-4 hours & no problems! No sleepy, groggy feeling like you can get with Dramamine or others. Just a helpful hint ;)

Yes, Allure has the Freestyle Coke machines.

Thanks Bob!! You were the one that told me about Freedom last year as my husband is diabetic & loves Sprite Zero so it was well worth the package so he could get that. Thanks again! :D

Thanks Bob!! You were the one that told me about Freedom last year as my husband is diabetic & loves Sprite Zero so it was well worth the package so he could get that. Thanks again! :D

You're welcome, glad it worked out.

Oh, please do not do what I did for our first couple of cruises. Over planned. Planning - there will always be something we did not need, wish we had brought, brought too much of, etc.

If you are concerned about motion sickness, then you may want to consider Transderm Scop (patches).

Have a GREAT Cruise!!

I know have a travel list I started it the first cruise I took of course there were things I brought that I never used and things I needed that I did not have - Now after 6 cruises under my belt my list is pretty spot on - My list is based on the longest cruise I have taken which was 9 days so for shorter cruises I will generally save the document as another document or print it out and just remove what I won't need for shorter trips

For sea sickness I use the bands - You can get them on Amazon for $8 and they work beautifully for motion sickness