Crossfit workouts?

tursia

Has anyone been successful doing some crossFit workouts on the Escape? I see they have kettle bells which is something at least! Just wondering what you found available for space and equipment. Thanks in advance and if your help!

Has anyone been successful doing some crossFit workouts on the Escape? I see they have kettle bells which is something at least! Just wondering what you found available for space and equipment. Thanks in advance and if your help!

My wife and I thought the gym on the Escape was a joke. I think the gym on the Gem is larger for half the amount of people

We've managed to do Crossfit-ish workouts on ships many times, but usually not in the gym because they are small and crowded. On the Epic the gym was pretty big and we did workouts with a pullup bar, kettle bells, dumbbells, and a rowing machine.

On any ship you can go to the jogging track. Do something like in 20 minutes, as many rounds as possible, 1 lap, 5 air squats, 10 pushups, 15 walking lunges.

You can do many different bodyweight movements (situps, V-ups, plank hold, chair dips, jumping lunges, jumping jacks, etc) and mix them up with jogging laps. If you have your own jump rope, bring it and you can do single or double unders on the deck.

Mostly stick to body weight WODs on ship. If you google Crossfit workouts for travel you will find a bunch. Reebok also has a list of about 75 travel WODs. I think you'll need to bring your jump rope for some though.

I go 5x a week and on our cruise, I had workouts all planned. Only one got done in 5 days ... Whoops.

I was on the IOS of RCCL and he movement was a lot harsher than expected. Lots of stabilizer muscles that I was not used to using on land made the weights heavier and the movements harder. Just a warning. Even running on the treadmill was difficult for me -- although others seemed a bit better at it than me.

It's a vacation, who cares?!

My husband made the qualifiers, and I am assuming you don't do crossFit so don't know what that means. He is 110th in the world and has to do 4 competition work outs the weekend we get off the ship, so trying to be prepared for that. Not sure why negative comments are necessary. Thank you everyone else for your information! I am happy to hear they have rowers on the Escape. We might try and hit up Reebok CrossFit in St. Thomas! Have a great day everyone!

My husband made the qualifiers, and I am assuming you don't do crossFit so don't know what that means. He is 110th in the world and has to do 4 competition work outs the weekend we get off the ship, so trying to be prepared for that. Not sure why negative comments are necessary. Thank you everyone else for your information! I am happy to hear they have rowers on the Escape. We might try and hit up Reebok CrossFit in St. Thomas! Have a great day everyone!

Congratulations to your husband! That is no easy feat! I wish him well on his quest in the Games!

Congrats to him! That makes this question a bit more surprising, since I'd only expect it from someone who was new and didn't know much about Crossfit. I'm glad others have been able to help you figure out workouts. At some point, you'll learn enough where you can figure them out on your own. Stick with it!

That's great! Our coach came in 7th in the very first games so I know how exciting it is. My DH and I are middle age love/hate Cross Fit-ers.

We had plans to go to the St. Thomas box but never made it off the beach! If you make it there let us know how it was!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Congrats to him! That makes this question a bit more surprising, since I'd only expect it from someone who was new and didn't know much about Crossfit. I'm glad others have been able to help you figure out workouts. At some point, you'll learn enough where you can figure them out on your own. Stick with it!

He can probably absolutely figure out his programming, I was just wondering what equipment and space people had found available on the ship. We had yet to see rowers and kettle bells on ships so it's nice to know there is a few options out there for equipment! I am more of the newbie to the sport, he obviously has it down pat! Thanks :o)

He can probably absolutely figure out his programming, I was just wondering what equipment and space people had found available on the ship. We had yet to see rowers and kettle bells on ships so it's nice to know there is a few options out there for equipment! I am more of the newbie to the sport, he obviously has it down pat! Thanks :o)

No rowers or bells on the Escape that we saw. Like I said before the Escapes gym was very very small compared to the size of the ship. You can get a good workout in if you go at the right time. I'm a rider and was amazed they only had 3? bikes. The only time I was able to ride was the middle of the day, and I still had to wait