How much better is Sunshine vs. Destiny ?

Heirloom

We were on the Destiny several years ago, and enjoyed it for the most part.

One thing missing at that time was a steakhouse.

Has anyone been on Sunshine before and after change ? If so, what

differences/improvements did you notice ?

Thanks !

Same ship, more crowded.

They tried to decompartmentalize the ship hoping people would spread out into smaller venues, but they're simply just mostly more crowded.

With one less pool, the swim up bar one.

Most crowded ship I was ever on. Was on the Destiny twice, and did not notice the crowds. Don't even think about using the comedy club unless you go 45 minutes early, don't plan to swim unless you skip a port day, shows were crowded, chairs in short supply. This, of course was all due to removing public space to add more cabins.

Thanks, everybody.

Will be scratching the Sunshine off....Destiny didn't feel crowded to us

either. The unique pool area was nice design, but if it's jammed up all

the time now, screw that.

Can't relax fully when I feel like we're driving on the Long Island Expressway

for a whole week !!!!!!!!!!!! (that's what the Dream felt like too).

We were on the Destiny several years ago, and enjoyed it for the most part.

One thing missing at that time was a steakhouse.

Has anyone been on Sunshine before and after change ? If so, what

differences/improvements did you notice ?

Thanks !

Any ship is better then the destiny.

So funny because we were on sunshine in December and it was the LEAST crowded ship I've ever been on. Loved it,only waited in a short line for omelettes in the morning and at night for comedy. Maybe it depends on the time of year you go, so don't completely rule it out!!!

Edited by SugarStar00

Will be on her in less than 2 months... I've never crossed off a ship because of someone else's "problems". Regardless of what someone says, what they found annoying, crowded, intolerable, etc. may be nothing or even enjoyable to you/me...

Unless the ship is actually shown to be harmful - as in not seaworthy or something in that category - I take some bad reviews with a grain of salt.

As others have said, most people only write a review when it's bad, not when it's good.

Will be on her in less than 2 months... I've never crossed off a ship because of someone else's "problems". Regardless of what someone says, what they found annoying, crowded, intolerable, etc. may be nothing or even enjoyable to you/me...

Unless the ship is actually shown to be harmful - as in not seaworthy or something in that category - I take some bad reviews with a grain of salt.

As others have said, most people only write a review when it's bad, not when it's good.

Excellent points. If I would have went by some bad reviews and the over crowded thing I would have missed out on 2 wonderful vacations on the Sunshine. Was she crowded at times, yes but not any more that I've experienced on other cruises. Anyway, hope you enjoy your cruise.

So funny because we were on sunshine in December and it was the LEAST crowded ship I've ever been on. Loved it,only waited in a short line for omelettes in the morning and at night for comedy. Maybe it depends on the time of year you go, so don't completely rule it out!!!

Well, based on the times of your cruises, I would say time of year would definitely be a factor. Early December is one of the least cruised times of the year (as very few people take off right before the holidays). All your other cruises were around spring break time, which is generally sold out.

Well, based on the times of your cruises, I would say time of year would definitely be a factor. Early December is one of the least cruised times of the year (as very few people take off right before the holidays). All your other cruises were around spring break time, which is generally sold out.

Yep, it's was a journeys cruise and I do believe sold out but very few kids.

I have sailed The Destiny & the reborn Sunshine. Sunshine is nice, lots of nice upgrades. Go with an open mind, and you'll have a great time.

The minute someone tells me to go with an open mind, I get worried because that is said for a reason.

I have been on the sunshine. ONCE.

I didn't hate it, but it will never go down as my favorite. They cut down public spaces areas but increased the pax load. How could that be a good thing?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

We are on the Sunshine at this very moment. We sailed twice on the Destiny. When we boarded last Saturday, I did think "Wow, there is ALOT of people". But we have not found it to be anymore crowded than any of the others that we have been on. There are more children this week due to Easter and spring break. We would not hesitate to book another cruise on the Sunshine. Go with an open mind and you will have a great time

I didnt like the changes to the ship. The comedy club is way too small. It is bad when people sitting on the sides have to watch a tv screen to see the comedian. The front show lounge/dance club is a night mare for the crew. Having to put chairs out and then take them up when they switch to the dance club. When you are at the show, there is no place to put your drinks.

It has been our least favorite ship.

Dave

I didnt like the changes to the ship. The comedy club is way too small. It is bad when people sitting on the sides have to watch a tv screen to see the comedian.
We've been on the Sunshine twice now. The extra features (Guy's, ropes course, waterworks, Cucina, sushi, 220 sq ft cabins, etc.) far outweigh the small comedy club. Just make sure to get to the comedy club 15-30 min early to get a good seat.

The front show lounge/dance club is a night mare for the crew. Having to put chairs out and then take them up when they switch to the dance club.
This affects me as a passenger not at all.

When you are at the show, there is no place to put your drinks.
For some seats yes, for seats with tables, no. Again, get there 15-30 min early.

We never felt it was crowded.

Edited by kay1864

The minute someone tells me to go with an open mind, I get worried because that is said for a reason.

I have been on the sunshine. ONCE.

I didn't hate it, but it will never go down as my favorite. They cut down public spaces areas but increased the pax load. How could that be a good thing?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Run for the hills if someone answers bad reviews with " a cruise is what you make it". I guess that is partially true - but not always.

Run for the hills if someone answers bad reviews with " a cruise is what you make it". I guess that is partially true - but not always.

I hate that almost as much as "a bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work". Such BS. If that was the case, I'd be hunting for a new job. A bad day on a cruise sucks, just like any other bad day.

I hate that almost as much as "a bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work". Such BS. If that was the case, I'd be hunting for a new job. A bad day on a cruise sucks, just like any other bad day.

I agree with you 100%.

We were on a 7 day cruise to Aruba and Curacao on Princess and wound up having a 5 day cruise to nowhere due to a noro outbreak.

Didn't get to go anywhere and spent my last vacation week for the year on that cruise. Believe me it wasn't better than being at work.;)

Bill

Yep, it's was a journeys cruise and I do believe sold out but very few kids.

Sold out can mean very different things. Sold out at double occupancy and sold out with all 3 / 4 filled (and usually kids at that) could make nearly a 15% difference in guest occupancy rates. I would think a Journeys cruise (longer, less kids) that is sold out tends to run closer to the 100% occupancy, not 110% or 115%.