PRINCESS AIR/Gatwick/Heathrow/ transfers

bobontheblue

Trying to decide to use Princess Transfers to Southampton or seek out other mode. Due to time, am unable to arrive prior to embarkation date. Not wishing to hang around an airport till noon for Princess shuttle. Has anyone else used Princess transfers from Gatwick to Southhampton on sail date. What time of day do they usually begin their service.

Trying to decide to use Princess Transfers to Southampton or seek out other mode. Due to time, am unable to arrive prior to embarkation date. Not wishing to hang around an airport till noon for Princess shuttle. Has anyone else used Princess transfers from Gatwick to Southhampton on sail date. What time of day do they usually begin their service.

I can't answer the Princess transfer question directly. But, here are some other options. There is a n hourly direct train service from Gatwick Airport to Southampton Central Station where you would have to take a taxi to the pier.

A private car with meet & greet service at the airport and transfer to the Southampton cruise port would cost in the GBP80/90 range. The Princess shuttle is around US$64/pp. So the cost for a private transfer is just about the same as a Princess transfer with a lot better service. Check out this site as an example http://www.british-airport-transfers.co.uk

Yikes! Arriving from Canada to London then onto Southampton the day of embarkation is something I would never do... it's so risky! I hope you have the Princess insurance! Also, keep in mind that the drive from the airport to Southampton takes a minimum of two hours, without traffic! Definitely get the Princess transfer...

That said, I hope you make it and everything goes smoothly for you.

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

Trying to decide to use Princess Transfers to Southampton or seek out other mode. Due to time, am unable to arrive prior to embarkation date.
Having both Princess EZ Air and transfers will lessen your worries in case of flight delays

• 8 years later...